Merry Christmas to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas to me

Well, we did our family's Christmas today since my wife is on call tomorrow. We were down at my parents' house because my brother flew in from San Diego. To make a long story short, he gave me the best present. He built me a guitar. It's a neck thru Carvin with Korina wings and Duncan 59 pickups. I can't plug it in until we drive back to St. Louis tonight, but it's resonant as hell. I'll post a more in depth review of it tomorrow after getting to play it for a while. For now, here are a couple of pics. Don't laugh at the first one. It's the best one of the guitar, but my Dad has a knack for getting shots where I look like I'm mentally challenged.

Re: Merry Christmas to me

Nice! You are very lucky! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">now THAT is a friggin bro!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Congrats on have a very cool brother [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Travis my bro...SWEET!!

Hey man , I haven't been around here for a while..prolly about a month or so..been busy with Vinny's CYO Wrestling practices and matches..and catching up with some new metal myself..or trying to..also been busy orchestrating my own Christmas stuff..

I owe you some great new metal to listen to and buy..

I still need to "catch up" on stuff that Century Media and The End is always out of stock..

I picked up Zero Hour's new cd titled.." A Fragile mind" on Sensory..I LOVE it...AWESOME progressive metal ..great players and vocals..I think you would like it!

Nice Korina V ..that should sound GREAT! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I picked up Vinny a New Jackson Dinky Reverse import..so Vinny is now an official member of the Jackson family..I can't wait to give it to him!

Merry Christmas to You and Yours from Me and Mine.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

that guitar kicks ass...aweosme and obviously a lot of sentimental value...enjoy.
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

wow! that's awesome! those carvin necks have a great shape and your brother did an awesome job on the V. What a fantastic gift. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks a bunch, guys. Yeah, my brother is the best. I've now got another guitar I can never sell.

Comment

Sweet looking axe there, so it was carvin neck through blank that he built around thats sweet of him to do really...

Ozz

Comment

Dude that's wicked !! A very cool bro...
                  Congratulations man [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

That's awesome- merry Christmas.

Comment

Great guitar!! Merry "mentally challenged" Christmas to you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

WOW! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

First impressions: tone-wise

So far it sounds really good. It definitely has a vintage vibe to it. The action is a little high, but I used to play with ungodly high action. So it's not a big deal. It's not the easiest thing to shred with, but it's nowhere the most difficult either. I can still hang with it. It will definitely make me better at playing cleanly. Tone wise, it has a very acoustic quality to it. It can be a little soft and smooth in lows which is not bad. I just probably wouldn't be using it to cover Slayer tunes. It is very evenly balanced over the eq curve. Not being overly bright is a huge plus for me. It has a snappy midrange, very cool under low gain. I am pleased so far.

Comment

Re: First impressions: tone-wise

Very cool, Travis, one day I'll get my king v shipped back up here to me, and we'll have to have a Flying V Jam.
                            No Strats Allowed.

Comment

Re: First impressions: tone-wise

All right, I snapped a couple of quick shots. It shows the guitar a little better, and you don't have to be distracted by me and my holiday sweater.

The location of the top strap button is a bit suspect. But I can always move it or install strap locks. I need to adjust the pickups a little. Otherwise, it's good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X