Merry Christmas to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First impressions: tone-wise

Damn sweet dude. Your bro is a hell of a guy! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow Trav!!
      Man... what a COOL brother you have! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      That is really something, congrats! She's gorgeous! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That's awesome! The wings are Black Limba right?

Comment

Yeah, the wings are black limba. The neck is thru maple. He stained the maple in the body to match a little better with the limba. And he left the neck raw and unfinished.

Comment

that is awesome...looks killer and obviously not only is your brother very kind but pretty skilled at wood working as that guitar came out great.

How does she balance when playing with a strap? Curious with the strap button on top like that?

Enjoy and congrats
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Wow, that's areally good lokkin' V you got there Travis.
              I have a large bag of coal if anybody wants to share. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Beautiful guitar Travis, congrats!
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Thanks, guys. It actually balances pretty well. It stays put in the "rock" position and the "classical" position about the same. Although, anything in between and it falls to the "rock" position. I think I'm either going to move the strap button or install some straplocks. I was playing the other day and I leaned over a bit. The strap came right off the button. It was no big deal becuase I caught it while I was playing. But I'm not one to play with fire.

There are some cosmetic mistakes, which is to be expected since this is only like the 3rd guitar he's built. But none of that has any effect on the tone or feel of the guitar. Plus, I would challenge anyone to find the mistakes from 5 feet away.

Comment

Working...
                  X