• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool Bass Solo style song

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=george+smed

Love listening to stuff like this.

Re: Pretty cool Bass Solo style song

I got my live bass solo on disc now...I have to pick it up from my bud..

I'll get John to post it soon..

same school as this...but ...well..waite and see. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

awsome playing, great melodic sense... he makes every note count
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That is real nice sounding. I like Victor Wooten a bit more.

CLICK ME
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

check out Marcus Miller
          http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=j...arcus%20miller
          http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Z...arcus%20miller

he's my man and to my ears his tone is the best I've heard.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well you know you got "groove" when you can make your whole band dance! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I prolly won't get that video up in about a week..but I can't waite! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Funny how all these great bassist have these certain "simple" techniques that give them their own flavor..like that Wooten clip ..that thumb / pull off / strum thing for example...nothing hard to do..but very nice....and all his.

You know , as a bassist that has been slapping and tapping as long as I have. Most of "Our" stuff comes from fortunate mishaps when jamming for hours along with a click , drum machine or etc..accidents that sound great! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I always discovered that every bassist such as this has their own "trick" that just can't be duplicated..weird.

Comment

technique is great but first of all a great bass player has the groove and ability to follow the drummers rhythm.

Comment

Exactly..it's all about meter and feel...

everything I ever made up was with a drum machine..otherwise..what's the point? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X