2005... a year in review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005... a year in review

found the right gear for the right tone i've been searching for... Cube 60 plus Boss V-Wah pedal (i have to find another reason for sucking ass, now) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    My wife, family, and birds are healthy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    No major problems with my house, appliances, and vehicles [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    so... bitches from me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I have a lot to be thankful for,overall a pretty good year.Rita hammered me,but I'm not complaining.2005 was alright,hope 2006 is better....................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

found out the true meaning of GAS this year
        other than that ~just another year in paradise~
        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Now I remember, you mock Belgian beer! Blasphemy!

I'll never be at one of your shows, that's for sure [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Belgian beer isn't as bad as Belgium [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

as for 2005, it was good.

- it was our first full year back on the east coast

- my kids are healthy and doing well in school

- my wife is healthy and she still puts up with me

- the rest of my close family and friends all made it through the year

- I bought and sold much gear

- I saw a number of great shows

all in all this was a good one
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It was a rollercoaster of a year for me. Some great things happened, as did some not-so-great things, and a few situations where I had to take the bad with the good.

- My band recorded its first album (good), but ended up having to drastically remix it (bad) with rather disappointing results. It was released in June, available all over the world, and even gets FM airplay in several countries. Got some good reviews, but took a lot of knocks for the production. Oh well.

- Had to euthanize my cat, who we discovered was in the late stages of kidney failure. Hardest decision I've ever had to make.

- First wedding anniversary. I still believe that my wife was a frat boy in a previous life due to her housekeeping habits, but I guess I must have been a maid. Whatever. The honeymoon ain't over yet.

- Played some cool shows with my band, met some other bands that we'll hopefully play with in the future. Meanwhile, I started acquiring new (used) gear for future live/studio use. Also had some major custom work done to an old Jackson, including custom inlays and a Dan Lawrence graphic.

- Turned 30. Pretty certain that my hairline has started retreating. Weak!

- Wrapping up the year on a bit of a down note. My wife was in a minor car accident a few months back, but three days after getting her car back from the body shop, the brakes went out at an intersection. Car back in the shop, wife making routine chiropractor visits, and some significant expenses despite insurance. Never found cause of the brake failure.

So now I'm working on new music, hoping for better luck with cars, and wondering what 2006 will bring...
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X