Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I fill in the middle hole to my LP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I fill in the middle hole to my LP?

I'm not sure what I should do with it. I don't think I will ever use the middle pickup so I was thinking about filling it. I don't want to just sell this guitar for another LP. What do you guys think? It had a Kahler installed on it and its been filled so I honestly do not care how it looks. I love this guitar the way it is.

Re: Should I fill in the middle hole to my LP?

Mike...since it's been "de-kahlered"...I say go for the fill-in on the middle pickup also.

It's no longer virgin anyway, and if it's a main player, you may as well make it what you want it to be IMHO

Comment

I'd put a dummy pickup in it. Filling it in would require a refin (not like that'd hurt it anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Put a smoker in it and one of those strobe LED kits [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Mike...since it's been "de-kahlered"...I say go for the fill-in on the middle pickup also.

It's no longer virgin anyway, and if it's a main player, you may as well make it what you want it to be IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, thats how I feel. Its been around the block more than a few times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
        I'd put a dummy pickup in it. Filling it in would require a refin (not like that'd hurt it anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Put a smoker in it and one of those strobe LED kits [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually thats not a bad idea. haha, Maybe I'll do something like that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah maybe you should put a dummy pickup in it, I think that would look the best....plus it would be the cheapest option.

Comment

Mike, are you talking about the alpine white LPC?
            If so.. I wouldn't do it.
            Also.. if it is that LPC... I used to own it and I don't recall it ever having a Kahler on it!
            Whats up with that?

Comment

It's got two hairlines from the stopbar to the tuna that look like it may have been a filled-in Kahler. I think the Ebayer I got it from said it had been filled in as well (IIRC, but then I got C.R.S. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Mike, are you talking about the alpine white LPC?
                If so.. I wouldn't do it.
                Also.. if it is that LPC... I used to own it and I don't recall it ever having a Kahler on it!
                Whats up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I discovered it had a Kahler on it. I could see a outline under the TOM and Stoptail piece and there was a finish crack. on one of the outlining sides. I also saw a removed Kahler Nut on the headstock area. I kind of like it, just adds more character.

Comment

Instead of just a dummy pickup, why not just get a plastic or metal dummy plate made to cover the hole?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Get an empty pickup cover. Rig a circuit up to a push/pull pot to trigger a smoke bomb to go off under the pickup cover. What could be cooler?

Comment

Just put a cover in there and paint it white to match the body as closely as possible.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Might as well use it for something.
                        Store picks in it. Or candy. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                        Make a little dispenser for it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's your Mojo capacitator, don't touch it.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

if you fill in the middle hole on your LP, how will it fit on your turntable?
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Instead of taking the pickup out and putting a dummy one in, why not just disconnect it?

James

Comment

Working...
                              X