Tips for those of you coming to NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for those of you coming to NAMM

LAX is not very close to Anaheim (plus it's a fairly dangerous place to fly in to). If you haven't booked your flights, try arriving at Long Beach (LBA) or Orange County/John Wayne (OCA).
    Traffic here pretty much sucks, but there are freeways pretty much everywhere. If the flow drops below 25 MPH, get off and take surface streets. Speaking of driving, here in CA one MAY make a right turn on a red light (as long as traffic is clear) - I think that is not the rule in other states.
    Keep in mind Disneyland is directly north of the Anaheim COnvention Center, so there will be lots of cars and people all over the place. If you have managed to get a hotel/motel/shack near the ACC, consider walking in, as parking will be a mess also, especially if you do not arrive first thing. Please be careful if you are crossing Katella Ave; there have been lots of car/pedestrian accidents.
    Bring comfy walking shoes because you WILL be doing lots of walking.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Tips for those of you coming to NAMM

What about a place to jam possibly?
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

And remember to wear boots with metal tips, you will need it for kicking Leprechuan. bwhahahahah

Fong

Comment

and someone take a camcorder, for the documentation of the aforementioned Leprechaun kicking
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the tips RacerX. Planning to make my first NAMM visit in a few weeks!

Comment

Also since I can't make it, since I switched jobs. Someone buy Ron a few Beers and send me the Tab
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Cool, thanks Donnie! Although I prefer whiskey! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Another tip: Those of you who are smokers: California is not the place to be [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There are very strident anti-smoking laws, there is no smoking at all inside public buildings. You can smoke in your hotel room (if you request a smoking room) and in your car. Time your smoke breaks at NAMM, or just go without. You have to go outside, and be at least 20 feet from the entrance. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And folks smoking is not good for you.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I smoke like a chimney
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Re: Tips for those of you coming to NAMM *DELETED*

Listen to Ron & cab rides from LAX are gonna be about 90 bucks.
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

or you can have me great you from your flight and dial you in correctly.

Comment

i arrive on tuesday the 17th - plenty of time for the pre-NAMM party [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

which bat-time? same kookport?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            LAX is not very close to Anaheim (plus it's a fairly dangerous place to fly in to).
                            Traffic here pretty much sucks, but there are freeways pretty much everywhere. If the flow drops below 25 MPH, get off and take surface streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            actually this would be the dangerous part for out of towners not really knowing where they are going, especially at night bro!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you can wind up in some parts of town that are not officially the USA. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and how is LAX dangerous? I fly in and out of there all the time. (I agree of course that it is not the best airport for getting to Anal-heim, as you mentioned, just curious what danger you are referring to, do you mean close calls on the tarmac?).
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Hey that's ANA-Slime.

Comment

Working...
                              X