Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar photography thread - Post your crappy pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar photography thread - Post your crappy p

another GREAT trick is to completely desaturate the colors in the background. It really helps focus on one object. Although not a guitar shot, check out this pic of me in Nassau Colliseum...

To do it, get the lasso tool, and draw around the object you want in color.. after that, inverse your selection, and desaturate. This works very well with guitars/anything with bright colors/contrast.

Comment

Cool trick! I did it with ExodusAttack's "Space Odyssey" picture. Shut up, I'm not steady with the mouse and I didn't borrow my brother's drawing tablet for this. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It was just a quick exercise to see if I knew how to use this technique. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Now it just looks like it was taken on a wintery day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the polygonal lasso tool is your friend [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] my hand is too shaky for the pure lasso as well, so I use the other one.

Comment

Working...
          X