Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tracfone Saga continues...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_.../tracfone.html

Fascinating. Take special note of the "Inside Trac" link in the little side panel [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Now I know for sure I will not even try calling them back.
    I will, however, forward that link to the FCC, as well as every TN agency that handles this sort of thing.

This is gonna be fun.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: The Tracfone Saga continues...

I don't see Easton Guitars listed in their Rogues Gallery. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

One word for you pal............VERIZON. I have been using them for about 5 or so years. Never a problem.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I use the i-wireless prepaid Cincinnati Bell service. I pay $10 every 60 days and have great service. Jeremy Piven is even their spokesperson now, he's like one of my favorite actors. Ha ha...

Comment

Finally after a few hours on the phone to WalMart and the FCC, I was able to return the Crapfone AND the airtime card and get all my money back.
          I then took that money and bought a GoPhone (from Cingular) - the Sony Ericsson T290a.

I had it working in less than an hour (after some initial website confusion regarding the airtime card).

As for getting a monthly service: No. I use a telephone for two reasons: Pizza and backup internet service when the cable goes out. Period. I'm not a people-person, I'm not a phone-junkie, and I despise the sound of a ringing phone. I wanted one of these for those rare but inevitable times when you say "I wish I had a phone right now" - broke down on the highway (fat lotta good roadside assistance does when you can't call them), stuck in a tornado shelter, or when you see something worth dialing 911 about.
          So, because of that, a subscription service is not my bag.
          I am interested in the wireless internet programs that both Verizon and Cingular are offering, however, both of them require a standard phone subscription before you can sign up for the internet stuff, so I'll look into that when they come off that idiotic requirement.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Yeah I pay $45 a month for my phone and the only time I really use it is when the gf is out of town. I've had this thing for 3 years, could have bought a USA Jackson with that much money...

Comment

the moral of the story is don't shop at walmart [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I had AT&T Wireless that sucked and still sucked when they sold off to Cingular. I was paying $50 a month for a service I didn't use much, which is probably a good thing since no one could hear me and I couldn't hear them!

After 2 phones and countless headaches talking with customer service reps in India that could barely pronounce their fake American name in English I finally decided to go with Tracfone. I don't use the phone much so a pay as you go deal was right for my needs.

The only thing I've noticed with Tracfone is it doesn't matter if you talk 1 second or a full minute, you're using one "unit". I guess I need to pay more attention to see of anything else is out of place with them.

"Jim" complained that he sent a new phone in only to receive a reconditioned one in return. That's fairly common practice. I used to work for Gateway and Dell and they both did that. Drop $4k on a new system, receive for example brand new speakers that arrived DOA, send them back and get refurbished in return.
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

The FCC said they've received numerous complaints about Tracfone, and that Tracfone is owned and operated by Motorola.

Sad to see one of the oldest and most trusted names in communications (particularly Emergency Services radios) take such a turn, but it's just bizness.

Comment

Working...
                  X