Digital Music File Help....... !@#%&*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Music File Help....... !@#%&*

I have most of my music collection copied to one of my hard drives in my compluter.
    The trouble is that some of it is in "Real Audio" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] format and MP3 format.
    I need to convert these files to "WMA" format.

Anyone know of a program that can do this ???????

Thanks

Re: Digital Music File Help....... !@#%&*

Try www.download.com for a MP3->WMA converter. Not sure if you can change the Real Audio ones across though.
    Why do you need to change the MP3's to WMA's? Most players will play both and let your do whatever you want with either...

James

Comment

Thanks Mr. White

I have some MP3 files that windows media player will not pick up the album info for (track title and album name ????) and if I am not mistaken the WMA files are smaller.
      I have a stereo in my truck that plays WMA & MP3 files and I think its just cool as hell that I can get near 200 tracks on a CD. I can go days without hearing the same song.

Comment

Windows Media Player? There's your problem right there. Try Media Monkey, you'll never use Windows Media Player for your audio files again.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I have no real trouble with Windows Media Player. It is used mostly as a storage application.
          My only complaint is with a hand full of MP3 format albums and no album info.
          Right now I have about 16 gigs of music on that drive 5000 tracks or so and still adding at this point.

Thanks for the links I will check them out

Comment

I have an WMA -> MP3 converter (cant remember which its on my other computer at my flat - Im at my parents for Christmas and New Years) and it added itself to the right click menu on my Windows XP, and it also added the "Change ID3 tags" option - thats what you're wanting to do!
            Sorry I cant be any more help!

James

Comment

Wma is horrible stay away from that [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

You know what FatKat? I would get Real one player. It reads Real player files (imagine that) and mp3's. I've heard some negative reviews of the program, but I use it and like it a lot. Just download it on your computer, and downloading site will have it, and you can change the "My Library" extension over to where your files are stored.

If that sounds like a practical solution, give it a try and let me know if you need any help.

Comment

winamp

Comment

Working...
                  X