Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive got an idea to curve my guitar spending...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive got an idea to curve my guitar spending...

So Ive kinda been spending alot on parts and what not... I need to limit this or else its gonna get out of control. What Im gonna do is put $300 into my PayPal account, and keep it there. When theres something guitar related that I want, I use that money and only that money. That way, if I want something and dont have the money for it, Ive gotta sell some stuff.

If it runs out, I can only replenish that money in 3 months from the date I put the first $300 in there. Maybe thatll work... I sure as hell hope so. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

One question... since Ive got here, Ive always wondered what the hell "GASing" stands for. I cant figure it the hell out. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Ive got an idea to curve my guitar spending...

G.A.S. Guitar or Gear Acquisition Syndrome
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I have G.A.S. and O.C.D.

Obese Cock Syndrome! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Where's Ron when you need him? "Curve" your guitar spending? Is it too straight? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Curb" [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry to say, your Pay-Pal "method" is not going to work. Your going to see a guitar on e-bay for a $1000 bucks and say "Well I got $300 in my account and all I need $700 more, I can do that" But I do know what you mean about G.A.S. and NAMM is not even here yet............ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I've always found that the best way to stop spending money on gear is to be absolutely broke. Therefore whatever you have you should spend it on gear right now, then, after you've maxed all of your credit cards, you'll have to stop. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Theres only one guitar Im looking for at the moment, a gold OFR, and a Charvel neck... shouldnt be more than 5-600 worht of stuff. Once I find all that, Ill be set for another couple weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Have 2 bank accounts at different locations. That way when your Paypal bank account is low, you would have to go to your main bank account (at another location) to the paypal bank one. I would be to lazy to do this thus I would not buy anything unless I reaaaaaaaaaaallllllly want it. Most of my buys are spur of the moment for anything, but I've been able to fight it.

Comment

Working...
                X