Yngwie's action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie's action?

Does anyone know how high is Yngwie's guitar's action at the 12th fret?
    5mm? 6mm?

Thanks!
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Yngwie\'s action?

too freakin' high....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Yngwie's action?

[/ QUOTE ]

She looked about 16.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

enough to slide a McDonalds french frie under the string.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] maybe a whopper too
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I just watched the videos on the enhanced Uleash the Fury cd. I don't care what you guys say, that man is a fucking God when it comes to the guitar. He can weigh 400 pounds and have an ego like Scott Stapp for all I care. My mouth drops whenever I see him play.

Comment

yeah, imagine what he could do without storing his lunch under the strings! I personally can't play fast with high action...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] maybe a whopper too

[/ QUOTE ]
                By the looks of him, I thought he was sponsored by burger king... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  yeah, imagine what he could do without storing his lunch under the strings! I personally can't play fast with high action...

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally can't play as fast as Ynwgie so I guess it doesn't matter that much. He uses such a light guage string in addition to the scalloped fretboard, I think he could have the action as high as physically possible and he could still shred rings around most people.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I personally can't play fast with high action...

[/ QUOTE ]

it's just the opposite for me. i find the lower the action the harder it is for me to play. for some reason i learned to lift my fingers VERY high off the fretboard when i play. i'm talking about having them completely off the strings and everything. maybe YJM is the same?
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I do the same thing. I've tried to barely lift my fingers off the strings, at the advice of Michael Angelo. I can't fucking do it! It's actually frustrating. Whenever I lift my pinky off the string, it comes all the way up. I guess I'll never be able to play as fast as these guys. Oh well, I can always listen in awe.

Comment

hmmmmm... I play 8's on most of my guitars, but my action stays super low, but have not tried the scalloped fretboard yet... hey! here's one: what guage string and action
                        did Jason Becker play with??

Comment

I believe Yngwie uses regular 10-46 or 11-52 but he has a .008 on the high E to save his fingers on tour.
                          He has also stated many times that he prefers higher action to low action.
                          Remember that with a scalloped fretboard, you only move your fingers exactly enough to have it "connect" to the fret, this way you save finger-moving-time if you on a normal neck would tend to use too much pressure, so your left-hand TIMING would be different on scalloped vs. non-scalloped!
                          Hence it is probably possible to play just as fast if not even faster, on a scalloped neck with high action, rather than a regular neck with similar action.

I myself like the "middle-road" string action, because I think you get more powerful resonance from the strings if they are a little higher than your average super-low-shred-till-yer-dead kinda setup!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I believe Yngwie uses regular 10-46 or 11-52 but he has a .008 on the high E to save his fingers on tour.
                            He has also stated many times that he prefers higher action to low action.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is right. I don't understand why so many people complain that he's using 8's to play faster

Comment

I just wondered because people say that even Yngwie couldn't play with my guitars or something like that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think his action is as high as possible so the guitar would still function properly. Well I have mine guitars set-up like that. I would use 5-6mm @ 12th fret but the guitar's "ocatves" aren't right at that action, it's impossible to get the guitar work properly with that action so I have them about 4-5mm @ 12th fret, 3,5mm is the lowest I can go. I personally hate low action, it sounds like shit to me. High action sounds better and it doesn't slow me down.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X