Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob

Hey guys, I'm new here...umm, is there any way I can view what new posts there are each time I visit??
    Thanx,
    Rich

P.S. Hi to everyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Noob

Welcome aboard!!!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Hi! Welcome

Comment

Thanx guys, I've played Jackson for about a year, only a cheap-ass JS V, but I've added a lot to it, EMG's, pre-Fender reverse sharkfin neck, black hardware, and it's all good now, but I'm hopefully upgrading soon, to a superstrat with a Floyd, I'm thinking of going with a DKMG, or an LTD M-series...sorry if that offends

Comment

welcome, and here's a few tips:

- forums that have a new post will have a headstock icon next to them. once you get in that folder, the threads that have been unread will have a red # of how many new posts are in that thread.

- PLEASE lose the animated avatar. i love the original short it was taken from, but it's a bandwidth strain.

- you may also want to reconsider the pre-fender terminology: unlike "pre-CBS," it's pretty meaningless. just sayin.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sorry, can you expand on that last point please??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              - PLEASE lose the animated avatar. i love the original short it was taken from, but it's a bandwidth strain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's not a bandwidth strain for ya anymore now that you've downloaded it [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I think it's pretty funny although I do wish we got to see more of the aftermath with her dazed look.

But at almost 3MB I suppose it's a bit much... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

hey there!

Comment

OK I got rid of the animation [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] meanies

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Sorry, can you expand on that last point please??

[/ QUOTE ]

Sully (who is the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet) can speak for himself just fine, but I'm going to take a stab at this anyway:

Lots of folks think that pre-CBS Fender means "before Fender started to suck." But saying pre-Fender about Jackson doesn't really mean anything, because Jackson still doesn't suck.

At least, that is what I think he means.

Keith

p.s. Welcome!
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

pre-Fender does mean something. things have changed. maybe they were inevitable but they have. no gibson shapes, price increases, some strathead availability, etc. that doesn't mean they suck but it is at least an indication of a changing of the guard so to speak.

- Newc

Comment

OK, so...what does CBS stand for?? And thanx for the insight, I'm always open for new info [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

At least, that is what I think he means.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            OK I got rid of the animation [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] meanies

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, you haven't.

- Newc

Comment

From Wikipedia:
                              "In early 1965, Leo Fender sold his company to the Columbia Broadcasting System, or CBS.

Fender's sale to CBS had far-reaching implications. At first, the sale was a taken as a positive development, considering CBS' ability to bring in money and personnel. However, the sale is often now looked back upon unfavorably, due to the perception that CBS favored numbers and profit over quality; the culmination of this occurred in 1983, when the Stratocaster received a short-lived redesign without a second tone control and a bare-bones output jack. In addition, previous models such as the Swinger (a.k.a. Musiclander) and Custom (a.k.a. Maverick) had been little more than attempts to squeeze profits out of factory stock. The so-called "Pre-CBS cult" refers to the popularity of Fenders made before the sale.

After selling the Fender company, Leo Fender designed products for Music Man and later founded the G&L company which manufactures top quality electric guitars and basses designed by Leo Fender."
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X