There's always tomorrow......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's always tomorrow......

Driving to work today dark, 33 degree weather with driving rain from a nor'easter, I was lucky enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] to hit a 6" deep pothole in my Eclipse Syder. Bottomed out, tire blew, cracked the rim, almost lost control and god know what else, but I'm sure I'll find out when the garage calls back.
    I got a smile on my face though, even as I head up to funnel money into............. a new rim, tow truck, tire and whatever else, instead of, say another guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Come on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: There\'s always tomorrow......

yikes! glad you're okay!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Same exact thing happened to me last winter. Only difference was the tire didn't blow - it tore and "bubbled" on the inside edge. So I never saw it, and only found out after bringing the car into the shop to have the alignment redone. Scary to think I was driving around like that for a couple of days. I forget what the toll was, but it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-ish for the new wheel, new tires (they didn't have much meat left in them, so I replaced all four), and alignment. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Drive safely everybody!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well the passenger side CV joint has just gone on mine too so you're not the only one forking out. Im just so glad it wasnt my rims being buckled.

James

Comment

Damn Dude...
            glad your ok.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Yup, all fine, except for the pocket, which has a little less money in it. Scary feeling though. 30 years of driving and I never hit a pothole like I hit this morning. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

I found that it makes you concentrate on the roads better [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img], after an incident like that.

No guitar this month.

I'm tired of cold weather. I just booked flights to Ft. Myers, FL in January and Key West, FL in March.

(I shouldv'e did the NAMM) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                $800-ish for the new wheel, new tires (they didn't have much meat left in them, so I replaced all four), and alignment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap................I guess you didn't buy a guitar that month either. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hehe, they should call Ohio "The Pothole State".

We have people stealing manhole covers here for scrap! Talk about a pothole, haha...

Comment

Woah, Don!
                    That blows, literally. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                    Sorry to hear it... but I am really glad that you're okay.

-Emmy

Comment

I was driving from seattle to Wyoming in my 71 340 Dodge Demon, and at about the montana/wyoming border going about 105 I blew my left rear, Almost went into an inbankment and would've probally killed myself but I've got mad skills for driving
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        We have people stealing manhole covers here for scrap! Talk about a pothole, haha

[/ QUOTE ]

My car would've disappeared.
                        That would really suck to hit a open manhole cover! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...............I'm laughing, but I'm really humble now. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Woah, Don!
                          That blows, literally.
                          Sorry to hear it... but I am really glad that you're okay

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all's well now, I can laugh, and when I get up to drive to work tomorrow, I'll be driving like my 86 year old grandmother. 10 o'clock / 2 o'clock [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

> My boy Larry,a couple other guys,and myself were coming back from a pool tournament in Missouri,and hit what can't even considered a pothole,this was probably 6-8 inches deep,where the concrete was just GONE. At the far end of it,was the sharp,squared edge of the concrete slab right next to it,we have no clue as to why it didn't rip the front end out from under it. We got back on the Tennessee side of the state line,when the right rear tire finally came apart,after all the 4 of us could talk about nothing else after it happened. Luckily he had a full sized spare,we got it changed and were hell bent for Mexican food. After we got done eating,we came back out to the car and saw 2 more flats,where the rims had cracked. Before he got back to it the next day,the other one went bad. He asked me what I would do,and I said I would go buy a set of badass new rims,and send the State Of Missouri the bill. He did exactly that,with photos of the damaged rims and tires along with a photo copy of the sales slip,tracking number,and all the contact info for the place he bought them from. He sent this Registered Mail to the Commissioner of Highway Safety,State of Missouri. Less than 2 weeks later,by Registered Mail,he got a State-Written check for almost 1400 dollars. Tommy D.
                            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

My wife is livid about the same thing. She hunting down the correct people also. When she's on a mission..........watch out. She's a dynamite person, but if you're on the wrong side, god help you. Thank god I married her and I better not plan on getting a divorce.

Anyway made it work safely. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X