Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried out a new bass player last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tried out a new bass player last night...

I'm 20-20 (that's 40)and always up for the younger generation.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Ace, what's a "gravity blast"?

[/ QUOTE ]

check out origin "informis , infinitas inhumanitatis" - John Longstreth was the one who brought that type of blasting to the DM scene - in general it's double kickdrum doing 16's , the snare makes also 16'ths ( using a thing called free hand technique - the stick hits the snare twice - once when the stick goes down and the second hit is when the stick goes up ) and then there's the cymbal which makes 8'ths

btw. Ace what band do you play in ?

Damn , i wish i had more metal chicks like those in my area - guess i gotta move to LA someday [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Damn , i wish i had more metal chicks like those in my area - guess i gotta move to LA someday [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Same here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Ace, what's a "gravity blast"?

[/ QUOTE ]

check out origin "informis , infinitas inhumanitatis" - John Longstreth was the one who brought that type of blasting to the DM scene - in general it's double kickdrum doing 16's , the snare makes also 16'ths ( using a thing called free hand technique - the stick hits the snare twice - once when the stick goes down and the second hit is when the stick goes up ) and then there's the cymbal which makes 8'ths

[/ QUOTE ]

check this vid for the snare technique:

blast technique

Our drummer has recently started practicing these. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'd have hired her regardless of chops. If she's on bass, the last thing your audience is paying attention to is if the basslines are being played well. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Chicks that rock: [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'd gravity blast that azz.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

well, if I wasn't ummmm married of course. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                bass players SUCK. all of them. you either can't hear them, or all you hear is bass, there's no in between. and even if they're loud as fuck, they're still bitching about how they cannot be heared....."yeah, i need some more bass over here in this monitor"....thank you, fucktard, you just ruined our whole stage sound. if you want a decent bass player, forget it!
                thank god they're always late to rehersal [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

actually, our bass player is the worst of the whole bunch. he actually managed to take a dump WHILE our intro tape was running and blasting through the PA...halfway into the first song he finally got on stage..."nobody told me"...bass player's can't even understand how a watch works it seems.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch dude that was harsh.

As a "Sucking Fucktard" that knows it is 0715 EST, I can say most of my experience has been that the skinny stringers are the ones who always need to be at 11 on stage and feel that the monitor mix sounds best when it is just them in it.
                Thankfully I have learned to adapt and compromise (2 traits I have never seen in a guitarist) what I like in a bass tone to fit in and cut through a mix.

In the immortal words of Rodney "can't we all just get along".
                "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

guitar players are the biggest assholes....by far
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

yeah, that was kinda harsh....but seriously, i've only met two kinds of bass players: the ones who got the chops, but are complete assholes, and the ones who are really nice guys but suck as musicians.
                    and btw, it's impossible that you posted this at 7:15 EST....because here it was 13:27 when you posted this....notice the 15 vs 27 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      yeah, that was kinda harsh....but seriously, i've only met two kinds of bass players: the ones who got the chops, but are complete assholes, and the ones who are really nice guys but suck as musicians.
                      and btw, it's impossible that you posted this at 7:15 EST....because here it was 13:27 when you posted this....notice the 15 vs 27 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 7:15 when I typed the time, but I had to take a dump that delayed the posting until 7:27 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
                      "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree about two kinds of bassists.

ones that suck

and

ME!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

And you don't even own a bass.... or a bass amp...

hehehee...

You could hang out with our old vocalist who didn't own a mic, or a PA...

Comment

Isn't that all vocalists?.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yeah I know John, I peaked on bass till complete boredom sat in..I couldn't get any better.

Cool that I improved alot in my guitar skills..

but yes I do NEED some bass gear..

Carvins and G&L of course..like always. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'll have my VH tribute DVD very soon..and will unleash the focking fury all up in here ! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I cain't waite! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X