Kinda O/T headphones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda O/T headphones!

Hey guys, anyone ever try using a set of wireless headphones?

My dilemma is that I have a full stack as my only amp.

I'd like to play it at night when everyone else is asleep, but most headphones don't have a long enough cable for me to sit comfortably while I play

Will wireless headphones kill the amp's tone?

Re: Kinda O/T headphones!

Go for a POD and wireless headphones.

Also, does your amp support headphones? I hope you don't try plugging these into the speaker jack of a 100 watt Marshall.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Go for a POD and wireless headphones.

Also, does your amp support headphones? I hope you don't try plugging these into the speaker jack of a 100 watt Marshall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to try to get a dummy load to just use the amp

unless that's a bad idea

Comment

Not a dummy load - a power soak / power brake (or similar). If the amp is a tube amp, you'll use up your tubes faster and have to replace them more often.

Comment

I tried to use a set of wireless headphones for my POD XT. The problem was that it appeared to have some type of switch that would cut off when the signal reach a lower level, and then would kick in again when you made more noise. It got to be really annoying depending on the type of music I played, especially since the switch was a bit staticy (is that a word? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So basically I returned them and still use the wired phones. Let me know if you find a set that works well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Not a dummy load - a power soak / power brake (or similar). If the amp is a tube amp, you'll use up your tubes faster and have to replace them more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

so a power soak/power break is a bad route to go for a tube amp?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so a power soak/power break is a bad route to go for a tube amp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, on the positive side it lets you play with good tone at lower volume levels. But, in order to get that good tone, the price you pay is chewing up your tubes faster.

A POD seems like it was designed on purpose to get a tube tone with headphones. It just seems like the right tool for you to use.

Comment

How about an extension cable for the headphones? [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  How about an extension cable for the headphones? [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that,do they even make those?

I still need to figure out this power soaker thing, where can I get one?

Comment

Do they have to be wireless? It may be possible that I was just using shitty ones. But, I personally cannot stand them.

+1 on the POD+headphones though. Make sure you get some that dont color your tone too much.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                    X