We were told to disable POP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were told to disable POP3

This morning we were told to disable POP3 and have our users switch to RPC over HTTP. Unfortunately, the POP3 was disabled before any users could be notified of the new configuration. It's been one long ass day. Of course the bosses that ordered this are not here in the States but over in Israel so I've had users at my door, IM, on the phone and emailing from personal email addresses all day. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: We were told to disable POP3

come again Ripper? the wha?
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I feel your pain. I use to do tech support. People can be mean. It makes for not one crazy day, but many if it doesn't get finished completely with all the bugs worked out.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

da-dum-dee-dum-dee-duhditty-dum POP goes the weasel
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

if i only had a brain- dumb dee duhditty dumb.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Why are you disabling pop3?
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Why are you disabling pop3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they use Exchange and someone wanted to shut down a port on a firewall somewhere. I thought Outlook 2003 can connect using HTTP and have full functionality.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

That's what happens when executives make technical decisions. Shit gets broken.
                -Rick

Comment

Exchange can be setup using pop3, however it kind of defeats the purpose keeping all the mail on one server that is always backed up. We setup our outlook clients via the exchange config and still retaining all the mail on the exchange server. I have seen a lot of companies us the web based version, although it is not a luxurious it works. We haven’t upgraded to 2003 yet but I have heard good things.
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                  X