I'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!

Damn. I knew I should have followed my gut instinct on this one. A fellow on the Harmony-Central forums posted up a Pat. Pending Wolfgang Std. for trade a week ago. I emailed him back and offered up my mint Ibanez RGT3120TV for trade. We agreed on the trade and I even went out and bought a hardshell case to ship the guitar. I shipped the guitar yesterday via FedEx and he was supposed to do the same either yesterday or today. I emailed him the tracking # for my guitar yesterday afternoon and didn't get a response until today where he told me "thank" and he'd keep me "posted" presumably emailing me a tracking # when he shipped the wolfgang. Well, I thought that he might have been at work and that the tracking # would arrive later tonight so I'm setting here at the computer browsing (and waiting on his tracking #) and I go check out Ebay.

BAM.....same guitar, same location, same pics he sent me!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-PEAVEY-WOLFGANG-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've already called FedEx and they are going to return the guitar to me.

Anything else I should do??

Re: I\'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!

Post his name and street address that you mailed the guitar to on every site you can find.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If its possible, contact people bidding on the guitar and warn them about this LoLife. so, they can retract their bids.

Comment

Man, that's low. Are you able to cancel shipments like that?
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Road trip! Knock on his door and beat the little bitch down. Sometimes a little street justice pays off. There's nothing worse than a thief.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I still can't believe this happened. I did quite a bit of background research (googling screen names, xanga site check, ebay feedback, etc.) and could not find anything that would raise my suspiscion level. I'm going to contact the police tomorrow morning. I would like to believe this is some type of mix-up but I cannot fathom how that would be?? As soon as I have confirmation that my guitar is coming back to me I will contact the ebay members and post all of his info.

Anyone live near Ball Ground, GA??

Comment

Hey man, that sucks huge. Glad you were able to stop shipment. I live just south of you, so Ball Ground is out of my area or I would go beat his ass for you, then lay a big ole steamer on him while he was laid out on the ground. Hope the Ibanez makes it home to you with no problem.

chuck
              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

yes, you can cancel your shipment if you suspect non payment.
                That acct looks to have been hacked as it has had not activity for almost a year. Not a very smart thief.. he should make the transaction private bidder only...or put up a BIN for a day auction with immediate payment.

Hope everything works out for ya.

Comment

I predict this auction is going to go through the roof...

someone needs to bid over $10,666 to get the winning bid... if you know what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

GOOD CATCH of the EBAY sale!

You got lucky there in finding it.

As for the seller, some people just suck, and I hope he gets his someday......
                    Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Good Luck Xeno....LOL

chuck
                      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

hmm... someone bump it... make the guy pay the ebay fees and such... lol

Comment

LOL My drunk ass bid $10,000, but I still got outbid!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can be in Ball Ground Ga. in about a half hour [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

YAY! I won it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Payment sent! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X