I'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nice score, Mike! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

umm.....10K.....alright...have fun

as for the seller....fatkat, wtf are you waiting for? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dam !!!!!

and I could have saved the shipping charges on that ???

Comment

LOL! at the bidding. Sorry for the lack of updates but I'm still not sure what's going on. No response from the guy (go figure) and FedEx thus far hasn't been able to stop my package (they say it takes 24-48hrs. for the message to reach the hub.....must use smoke signals). Tomorrow I should find out for sure if the guitar is coming back my way.

Comment

I wont trade anything exspensive anymore. You are SOL if something goes wrong.

If I pay, I take a credit card, if I sell, the cash must be in my hands before I ship.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I wont trade anything exspensive anymore. You are SOL if something goes wrong.

If I pay, I take a credit card, if I sell, the cash must be in my hands before I ship.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my new policy as well!!

Also, does ANYONE at FedEx have a clue what is going on. Since Friday I've spoken w/ FedEx umpteen times and I get a different answer each time.

Comment

I would think trying to stop FedEx is like trying to stop a freight train. Just too much momentum to stop.

Comment

What is the guys name on HC? Was it in a forum or the classifieds?

Comment

This just gets weird. I called FedEx again yesterday to see why the status on their tracking website still said (out for delivery). I was told that FedEx ground doesn't deliver on Saturday and that it was placed on the truck in order to be shipped out first thing Monday morning. This sounds reasonable and is what I had always thought was SOP. However, there have been no less than around 8 people at FedEx that told me it would be delivered on Saturday (including those at the FedEx place I initially shipped it from). Well, I called again this morning to see if I could get it pulled off the truck before it was sent out for shipment. The FedEx customer service lady was very nice and called the hub in GA and said that it would be pulled off the truck......wheewww!!! Well today I get home and check the online status and it says delivery was refused by recipient.

There are a couple plausible scenarios here: I did email the guy I did the trade with and told him to refuse shipment or I would press charges and use any means necessary to recover my guitar. So maybe he decided not to gamble.

Second, this was all a big mix-up and somehow there was a miscommunication and he wasn't trying to defraud me (very unlikely).

Third, FedEx was able to stop the shipment and this is the code that is given to the online tracking system.

This is weird. Important thing is it looks as if I'm getting my guitar returned to me!!

Sworn, it was in the amp forum and his username is: Zdk1774

Thanks for all of the people on this forum who have offered advice or ehhmm...**viewed** the Ebay auction.

Comment

Its very likely he refused shipment. Given it listed on eBay it right after you agreed to make the deal, I would say something fishy was going down there.

We've been down the 'does Fed Ex deliver on Sat' senario on this forum before.
                      If you were to take a package to be shipped by Fed Ex ground on a Saturday to their staffed distribution centers.. it would get scanned in, but not go out onto its routed destination until Monday.
                      However, if its already been en route, I do believe the general concensus was Fed Ex will deliver on Saturday.

I think you'll get your guitar back.. just keep checking in with them to find out what the status is.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Third, FedEx was able to stop the shipment and this is the code that is given to the online tracking system.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the one. Good luck and i hope your guitar returns safely.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Fuck, I traded my gambale for that guitar. God-DAMMIT!

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Fuck, I traded my gambale for that guitar. God-DAMMIT!

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete,

I returned your email. Check your inbox!!

Comment

Dude, thanks. Your thread here may have saved my guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

WTF?!? This guy's doing trades and scamming everyone, huh? He needs to be reported to the police ASAP!!!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X