Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I suddenly became a much better guitar player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suddenly became a much better guitar player.

I had one of those days, and I'm sure that everyone experiences the same thing. Some days you pick up your guitar, and your goddamn fingers just won't cooperate. Today was not one of those days. I felt like my fingers would just go wherever I willed them to go. I guess that's what it must feel like to be Paul Gilbert or Marty Friedman or whoever. There must be some kind of drug out there that can duplicate these results. I wish I knew what it was. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was jamming along with Megadeth Rust in Peace, and I got to the beginning of Lucretia, which for some reason I could never get it to flow properly before. I probably haven't played it in 10 years or so, and I couldn't even remember it at first. Even so, I had it down pat almost immediately, and played it effortlessly, way better than I ever have before. I wish I played this well when I was 16. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: I suddenly became a much better guitar player.

very cool, man! i could use one of those mojo filled days.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Me too....I don't seem to have those any more. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

It's insane, but I have those days when I play the Parker at the store instead of my regular guitars. I'm probably putting a deposit down on one next week.

Comment

I have those all the time! and it gets so frustrating when you have a "slow" day...you just have to grind it out for hours on end then! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love those days. I find that I have them when I am relaxed, like after just a couple cocktails...when I am not thinking about playing...it just happens.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I must be on a roll, I'm having another one. Plus, my amp sounds better than ever. I haven't even had a drink yet today! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Honestly, it might have something to do with my RR1. It just about plays itself. And to think, before I changed the pickups in it, I was thinking about selling it.

Comment

the key to having those days is to just relax and enjoy what you are playing without worrying too much about the little details...lol...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I have those days too, usually after a few days break from playing. Breaks are good for you every now and then.
                  -Janne

Comment

When I come back after long spells of not playing, and I mean long spells, I somehow am able to spit tunes out like when I take a piss every hour or so. the ideas are flowing, and it only get s better. I may be wrong, but I am a fairly good penner of tunes.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

yeah I also have been improving by leaps and bounds lately. it seems every time I pick up a guitar I either learn something new or "get" something I didn't get before.

cool shit!!
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

If you practice for 6 hours today, then tomorrow will be one of those days [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

YES ZEEGS...I too have days like that!!!

I love those days..!!!

but no matter how good I think I am that day...I hear Jeff Loomis and feel like a Jerry's Kid. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            YES ZEEGS...I too have days like that!!!

I love those days..!!!

but no matter how good I think I am that day...I hear Jeff Loomis and feel like a Jerry's Kid. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean Bill. I gotta stop listening to good guitar music because it just makes me realize I'm not that good. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

that is so true my friend...I hate them! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X