Check this out... Metal Maniacs Feb '06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out... Metal Maniacs Feb '06

From Metal Maniacs Feb 06 issue (Dark Funeral on the cover), Aural Assaults, page 55 right next to the Seven Witches ad.

[ QUOTE ]
    Another strong 2005 release from the Morbibund Cult, In Memorium's 'From Misery... Comes Darkness' was originally released independently in 2003, and it's about time this magnificent black metal beast is unleashed upon the masses. Seven tracks of darkness, beauty, venomous hate and majestic brilliance all melded together so seamlessly...

The compositions are balanced skillfully between thrash'n'blasts (including Caleb Duerr's gnarly solos) and solemn melodies, all lightly coated with the haunting keyboard work of Suzanna Seppa. You're sure to get chills as Seppa's spooky opening section to the eight-minute 'Thy Hourless Season' morphed into a hellish riff storm.

The ferocity is omnipresent (Christ, just listen to the vicious riffing!), yet delivered in a somewhat epic form on tracks like 'Ravenslaughter' and the nine-minute 'Legend Of The Well-Fiend.' The furious main riff of the up tempo 'Des Todes Gruft' is blackened thrash bliss. Through it all (save for the album-closing instrumental, 'Resurrection') lead throat Nihilist (ex-Thy Infernal, Lord Gore, Abazagorath) raises the neck hairs with vocals that are more than standard BM shriek. His patterning and tone shifts turn vocal performance into ritualistic fervor.

Topping it off is the production and engineering work of Todd Hooper and Curran Murphy (Nevermore, Annihilator), respectively. The tag team achieves instrumental clarity without sacrificing BM svagery. (Murphy also provides a guitar solo on 'Thy Hourless Season.')

A phrase like 'firing on all cylinders' couldn't be used more appropriately to describe the band's performance here.

-Scott Alisoglu

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I'd share. Probably the best review the band I joined back in October-ish has received.

Re: Check this out... Metal Maniacs Feb \'06

Very kickass, congrats dude [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Very kickass, congrats dude [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

How cool for you to get some great recognition for your pain and suffering. They said some pretty nice stuff, i'd be happy as hell.

Most excellent man!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          How cool for you to get some great recognition for your pain and suffering. They said some pretty nice stuff, i'd be happy as hell.

Most excellent man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Cleve. The rest of the guys were definitely fired up for that review.

Comment

Very cool! Good luck with everything. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's a great review!!

Comment

Thanks again guys... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X