Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ENDRIK, and all other Rally/Racing fans....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For ENDRIK, and all other Rally/Racing fans....

Not sure you have ever seen this, probably have.

Here is Ari Vatenen taking a Peugeot 405 up Pike's Peak in 1988, shattering the record. While never campaigned in Group B rally, this 405 was basically the 205-T16 that dominated in 1985 and 1986 with a slightly longer wheelbase (the Paris to Dakaar version) and the skin of the 405.

THIS is why I satnd by my earlier comments that the greatest drivers of all time are the WRC pilots, and the creme de la creme of them were those that conquered the Group B cars.

How long do you think it would have taken a passenger on this ride to shit his pants, and then pass out from fear? I am pretty fearless in cars, and I give myself less than 5 minutes to achieve both.

Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/w/A-ride-up-Pikes...ike%27s%20peak
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: For ENDRIK, and all other Rally/Racing fans....

That was damn cool! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Re: For ENDRIK, and all other Rally/Racing fans...

Yeah I remember that, cool as hell.
      It takes a lot of cold nerve and talent to do that.
      Most of the best drivers today would shit their pants in that car.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

You need balls the size of watermelons to do that.

My favorite parts are where he takes his hand off of the wheel to shield his eyes from the sun!!!

Ari Vatanen, maybe the best ever.

Mike

Comment

Well he is Finnish too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] those guys drive like a maniacs.

I also love those races wich are in Japan. 1000HP Toyta Supras and stuff. Sickass speeds. Very extreem.
          One dude who lives in the same building where I live, owns the the fastest and most powerful Supra in my country, it is about 500-600HP, he is a street racer. I personally don't dig street racing, IMO there isn't anything interesting about race where is no curves and it lasts about 10 seconds.
          Here are SO MANY those street raceing guys.

Another really extreme thing is those Superbike races in Isle Of Man.
          At least one person dies there every year.
          You are driving 200MPH and then there are those big jumps [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

We have a big bike racing event wich is called Kalevi Suursõit (Kalev's Big Race). It's pretty dangerous track. A lot of trees are on the side of the road. Some of our best bike riders are affraid to race there.
          My uncle who probably knows every single man who is envolved with motorcycle racing here has organized and sponsored that race. He has also supplied a lot of drivers with fuel and stuff. He has even drove with his minibus and waved the red and green flags between the races, I was with him, we picked up a lot of crashed bikes.
          Anyway a couple of years a go the four time TT Superbike world champion Joey Dunlop got killed here.
          Next year one of our Sidecar men got killed almost on the same place as Joey. It was his second race as a Sideman, before that he was a solo motocross racer. He died on a qualification round. They had trouble setting up the bike before that and I remember my cousin had to get the spirit-level from home (he lives on the side of the racing track) so they could get the wheels straight.

Racing is pretty scary thing but when you are driving insanely fast then it feels almost as good as orgasm [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I have been racing cars since I was 16, Endrik. However, the budget doesn't really support it right now.

There is nothing more fun than being behind the wheel of a wild machine.

Mike

p.s. I sold my motorcycle (VFR 750R) after about 6 months, I knew I would die on it if I kept it.

Comment

I've never seriously raced, I've been involved with all the other stuff that I didn't had the time to get seriously into racing. I know A LOT of racers and mechanics, my dad taught me how to drive a car and a motorcycle when I was VERY young but somehow I didn't get more seriously into it.
              I've been in competitions tho, go kart races and shit when I was a kid. I was better than some of the dudes who had practiced for years. And I was pretty fast riding with motorcycles too. Right now the only thing with an engine I own is a '74 350ccm Jawa wich doesn't work [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I haven't drove with anything for a couple of years.
              But I sure know a lot of great stories about racers and everything wich is involved with them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I drive like that in the hood chasing inspiring rappers.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nah, seriously...that was fuggin' INSANE!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I drive like that with my Cobra all the time tho..not on any Cliffs of Dover...just up and down my neighborhood..why not..the kids love it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                X