iPods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPods?

yeah I don't plan to use it while exercising really, as my main excercise is surfing, and I don't think iPods and water mix too well. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

to answer someone's question, the mini is a hard-drive, only the shuffle and the nano are flash drives.

I just wanted it for travel and in the car, also just to have more versatility at home. I held off getting one for a long time, and finally figured that if I can get a used one for less than retail, that makes sense.

man is it ever easier to use than my old Sony cd walkman!!
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I got a 40 and I need more space.

[/ QUOTE ]
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] holy shit

[/ QUOTE ]

I have about 50 gig on my computer @ about 1200 songs.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I bought my wife a second gen 4gig pink mini a while back... only had one issue with it not wanting to power off.
        A software reload and all has been fine since.
        She loves it.
        -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
          dude those must be some longass songs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Apple spec is that 4 gigs is about 1000 songs, give or take. I put about 460 songs on my mini last night, and that took up about 2.5 gigs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            A software reload and all has been fine since.

[/ QUOTE ]
            do they do that at the Apple stores?

Comment

you can actually do it yourself, from what i understood. i had the option of either trying to do it myself (i didn't ask what it entailed) or leaving it with them and they'd run a test on it. since i was already there, i left it with them.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                dude those must be some longass songs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Apple spec is that 4 gigs is about 1000 songs, give or take. I put about 460 songs on my mini last night, and that took up about 2.5 gigs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run a slightly higher bitrate on some albums and I do have all the Dream Theater/Symph X/ Opeth discs on there so yeah they are some long songs. Oh I get it I meant 12,000 songs. I forgot the 0. Typing skills suck.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Batsuo,
                  You're bat!!!!
                  Post in the retard thread, now!!!!
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tommy, what are you doin' here, get back hurry [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      you can actually do it yourself, from what i understood. i had the option of either trying to do it myself (i didn't ask what it entailed) or leaving it with them and they'd run a test on it. since i was already there, i left it with them.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just an program called the iPod updater utility from Apple. Download it, connect up the iPod, close iTunes and run it. It updates and resets the firmware on the iPod.
                      It's pretty cool because each updater includes the updates for all the various iPod models so you can't download the wrong one.

Comment

Working...
                      X