Got a new 2006 GT Mustang....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got a new 2006 GT Mustang....

Really John ..wow the curb weight of my Vette is like 3800 lbs..I didn't know LX Mustangs were that light..well they are lighter than the GT's for certain..I like the LX much better anywhoo..

No guys, are you kidding ...I didn't put this Factory Five together...A local guy has put together about 28 of them, he's got em down to a science...there is a Cobra click of guys that get together in his garage and there is always 5-6 of them in various stages..he was just finishing mine when I met him..He bought a Pantera with the money I gave him for the Cobra..

Yes, I want a vortech on this bastard...another retired copper's wife bought him a vortech for his Factory Five 302 set up and he says he'
    s basically untouchable..he was just toying with a newer Viper..I can definitely see that.

I have one pic on Myspace of my baby..it's not a real good pic tho..I have some very nice pics..one day I get them posted.

It's weird with the gas prices these days the demand for Horsepower is bigger than ever..for a toy that's cool...but I wouldn't want to drive my toy everday like some folks do...that's too expensive...especially when you have to run higher octane...oh man!

Yeah The facory Five really rules IMO..they are a GREAT value for the money..I seen many other Cobra replicas selling for double the price (super performance) is one and to me the difference isn't worth the money..not at all.

I had Super Performance guys freaking out over mine at alot of shows last Summer.

You can get a free Factory Five DVD if you go to there sight..that's what sold me on mine really...very impressive video...and the product delivers the goods on what the Video promised.!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nitrous is cool if you know how to use it.
      I've watched many a street punk melt their heads because they didn't know when to let up.
      It's some pretty funny shit when they're sitting there with smoke rolling from under the hood wondering what the hell went wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I personaly prefer all throttle and NO bottle.
      But that's the way I was tought to build motors. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      -Rick

Comment

Nitrous is safe on a 302 motor, if it has forged pistons. I would not advocate it for motors with Hyper pistons. You don't melt heads, or blow the welds off of your intake!! You melt pistons, break ring lands, etc. A small wet shot is safe, as long as you have your timing solid and your fuel supply solid, period.

Bill, if you have a stock 302 roller motor in that car it will make the MOST power on the lowest octane gasoline. If you aren't too crazy with the timing, you should be able to run 87 in that sucker. All octane is is the resistance of the gasoline to burn. If you have a ton of timing or high compression, you need higher octane to ward off detonation. I ran 87 all day long in my '91 GT convertible, with 14 degrees of inital timing.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Weird, when my 89 was stock (and my 84 and 82) they all clattered slightly on accelleration with 87octane at 14 degrees, at 10 degrees they were fine.

Never figured that with the 82 and 84 as they were pretty sedate compression where the 9.5:1 in the 89 I could basically understand.

Now I run 5 gallon of Sunoco race fuel and top the rest of the tank with shell 93 in mine when nitrous is in the car. Don't need no pre-ignition on the bottle...

As light as Bills car is, I'd experiment till it clattered. You'll actually go slower if you have TOO much octane. Technically, the higher octane fuel more resistant to igniting, and hence doesn't burn as well in a low compression motor.

Ya gots to have lotsa compression for lotsa octane.

Comment

My Turn! picked it up last night

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X