Does your "band" suck (badly)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does your \"band\" suck (badly)?

I would rather play alone than play in a band where the others are complete hacks. Playing with somone who is sloppy as fuck isn't "FUN" in my opinion. FUN is when I can play high quality music with folks who can do it how it's meant to do. I hate lazy bandmembers, I'm lazy MOFO myself but I'm always ready for a band practice, I can do it even 6 times in a week if I really want to. Those who can't do it even 2 times per week are not real players IMO.

I have an HUGE EGO and super high standards in the band work. But when the other guys can deliver and aren't lazy, then the enviorment is very fun and friendly.

I don't have a band right now because of my ego and standards. I live in a very small country. There isn't a SINGLE good frontman here who has a great powerful voice and can sing in English without some cheesy accent. Good keyboard players are very rare also. Some of the bass players are decent but non of them are amazing.

But I'm lucky to have a good friend who is a badass drummer, a true virtuoso, he can play in every style, he is sometimes lazy but he keeps his chops in shape and has a very good taste in music, also he is a very funny guy and a party animal and like me he always is trying to get laid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

It's a tuff choice to make leaving a band, especially if you are not sure what else is out there. Maybe you guys should do some recording and everyone sit down and listen to it. The microphone will never lie and if someone is off, it will show through where playing live and at higher volumes tends to hide mistakes. People should be thier own worst critic, I know I am, and they should want do whatever it takes to make it right. Also keep in mind that if someone is to comment on someone else's playing, there is a very fine line between constructive criticism and insulting someone. Be the best diplomat you can.

Matt

Comment

The only time you should have a girl in your band who sucks is for that very reason.

Comment

I'd like to think my band doesn't suck, but I've been wrong before...

Comment

Working...
          X