Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a Casio G Shock

Tough Solar / WaveCeptor watch?

I just got myself a GW530A for less than a C note -- it's awful thick! But it fits my fat wrist and is solar powered and has the "Atomic" WaveCeptor capability (it receives the US govt time signal from the atomic clock center in Fort Collins, CO).

http://store.yahoo.com/wristzone/gw530a-1v.html
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Anybody got a Casio G Shock

For the times that one nanosecond could safe your life! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

---

j/k I had a G-Shock, it was great, but it started to look too 'juvenile' for me, so I made the switch to a sober watch.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I would have killed for that watch when I was like 12. I had one of the cheapo ones back in the day, but always dreamed of the big money Gshocks.

Comment

I have big wrists as well and I like my G Shock. It is a lower model than what you have but the thing has lasted for 7 years. That is longer than any other watch I have had.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I just got myself a GW530A for less than a C note -- it's awful thick!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an early one back in high school that I probably would still be using has it not gotten stolen outta my locker in college. It was a thick watch back then as well. I referred to it as a hockey puck!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I want one that has a universal no-cost cel phone, TV remote, guitar tuner, MP3 player, digital still/motion camera, and internet on it - for about $15 at Wal Mart [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool, it can pick up the signal even through curtains at my northeast window. Ft. Collins is 1077 miles away.

Jason, glad to hear of the longevity.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X