The Offical NFL Championship weekend Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Offical NFL Championship weekend Thread

The Pats picked a bad week to play the worst I have seen them in a long time.Denver flat out beat them (Although that pass int call wasnt questionable it was horsebleep)but 5 turnovers was the death nail you can not play good teams that way and win.That being said they will have Harrison back next year and folks are saying Ty Law is looking to get back here.So I am sure they will be in the mix again next year.Congrats and good luck to all the fans of the four remaining teams.I just hope for great playoff football [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      That was a INT.

But who cares, the Seahawks will take care of the panthers and will cream any afc team

[/ QUOTE ]I wouldnt bet on that. 9 of your wins came against st louis (2), san fran (2) arizona (2), houston, philly and tennessee. You lost to jacksonville and washington, barely beat atlanta, and beat the giants in ot. Not saying seatlle may not be good, but that is a cake schedule.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I wouldnt bet on that. 9 of your wins came against st louis (2), san fran (2) arizona (2), houston, philly and tennessee. You lost to jacksonville and washington, barely beat atlanta, and beat the giants in ot. Not saying seatlle may not be good, but that is a cake schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 and I think it'll be great game between the two, but I'm pulling for carolina.

Comment

The interference call was a joke. The denver receiver pushed off twice on the play, and blatantly, giving them a first down on the one, resulting in 7 quick points. When Champ Bailey made that great play in the end zone and picked off Brady, I tip my hat, an when he got pummelled out of bounds at the 1 inch line, I honestly saw two angles where the ball looked like it was lost in a forward motion in bounds inside the end zone pylon which would result in a touchback and New England's ball on their own 20 instead of another 7 points for Denver. I also saw two other angles where it looked like it went out of bounds, but my question is why wasn't that play reviewed? The announcers were questioning it, I was too. I thought it was reviewable. it cetainly was a big fucking play. This is not sour grapes, I could care less, The JETS are playing golf already, and I hope Denver wins this weekend, just my 8 cents on what happened. The Patriots moire than outgained the Broncos. I'm not placing all the blame, but they did get the calls and that helps a lot.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The Champ play was reviewed Tommy, Insufficient evidence to overturn call on the field.I was too busy screaming like an idiot to notice what that biased NBC crew were saying about anything.Christ, they could not have showed who they wanted to win more if they had a big N.E. painted on thier forheads.

So, the interference call sucked and champ's play was too close to call. THE pats still turned the ball over 4 other times.Brady was playing like ASS all night and couldnt get it done with Denver's blitz package.

Not going after you Tommy , just sick of everyone making excuses for NE, they lost because they couldnt make the big play happen and turned the ball over more then they ever have.End of story.

Comment

DRS, my Redskins' defense managed to give your guys some real trouble even when missing most of their starting secondary. If the Redskins had had even a moderately competent offense, they would have won big. I predict the Panthers are going to go up there and kick the crap out of the Seahawks. However, I have been wrong before... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, the Steelers look pretty unstoppable to me right now.

Comment

Total yards-New England-441
                Denver- 290
                Passing-
                N.E.- 341
                Dnver-190
                Rushing-
                Denver-96
                N.E.-79
                I thought even with 5 turnovers, the game felt as if New Emgland was always driving on the Broncos. They always seemed like they were the threat. That's just me.

Comment

Well, Denver had 5 drives starting in NE territory, short field.NE had the long field to work with all day thanks to thier mistakes and The broncos taking advantage of them.Broncos didnt have to go 80 yards to score, usually 30-45 instead, that will slant those stats of course.What was the time of possesion? That will tell you that NE had to play harder to make up for fumlbes and the like. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

broncos -27 w/3 touchdowns and 3 field goals. 6 out of 7 in the red zone .So if we were in the red zone 7 times, we obviously didnt have to go very far with 290 total yards.

Patriots-13 w/ 1 touchdown and 2 FG's.Didnt sniff the red zone but 3 times? It was an illusion that they were driving all day.Plenty of life inbetween the 20's maybe?

Comment

3 TD's and 2 field goals. Two possessions on the 1 helps a whole lot. You earned it. I just thought the two calls were big. I don't particularly like the Patriots, in fact I hate them, I'm a Jet fan. I still think they are the best team in the N.F.L. though Just the way I am built. They scare the hell out of me.

Comment

The P.I. call, I'll give you. That was a very ticky-tacky call. The Champ fumble was just too close to call. I think the right call was made (lack of conclusive video evidence).

Comment

Seahawks 37

Panthers- 17
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

49ers - 55
                            Broncos - 10

...wait, wrong decade. SHIT.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              49ers - 55
                              Broncos - 10

...wait, wrong decade. SHIT.

[/ QUOTE ]If i remember correctly, Denver was a 7 point favorite... oops. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I honestly think, even with De Shaun Foster out, that the Seahawks have got their hands full this weekend. This is a truly formidable opponent.

Comment

Working...
                                X