So my bass player was almost beaten to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my bass player was almost beaten to death

My bass player Mike was out on Saturday night, probably up to no good. He's been known to deal coke with some suspicious types of people before, but in this instance no one actually knows, or will admit they know the reason for the beating. Anyway Mike was drinking, and ended up going outside to his car, and passed out in the back seat without bothering to lock the doors. Skip forward and undetermined amount of time, and he remembers several people dragging him out of the car. One of them had the cord from his jacket around Mike's neck, choking him. The beating began, and he only remembers brief flashes of it. He blacked out, and woke up, dragged himself to the car, blacked out, woke up, blacked out, and finally woke up again. Soaked in his own blood, and having trouble breathing, he got out of the car, and made his way halfway across the parking lot, where he collapsed again. Fortunately, someone saw him as he slumped onto the parking lot, and called 911. He woke up around 4pm the following day. The surgeon who pulled his nose cartilege out of his brain told him that he was very, very lucky. He was beaten so severely, that his left eyesocket is shattered, his nosebone was actually pushed part way into his brain, and there is a large hole beside his nose, that even the doctors can't explain. They at first thought he had been shot in the face, but concluded that he must have had a tire iron shoved into his face, or something similar. He apparently had so much blood on himself, that the doctor said he had almost bled to death, and that if he hadn't been found at that moment, he would almost certainly not have made it.

So, they've already put some hardware in his face to hold the shattered bone together. Mike looks fucking horrible. You would never recognize him as a human being, never mind as Mike. He says he'll be at practice on Sunday though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: So my bass player was almost beaten to death

that's some serious shit. dealing the dope though could be a motive. drugs suck. I hope he comes out ok.

Comment

Sounds like you live in a great neihborhood there Paul............ [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought Canada had none of this stuff!!! LIES!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I thought Canada had none of this stuff!!! LIES!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That stuff only happens in Welland, appearently. If it happened here, the army would move in..........

Comment

imagine that happening to a 13 y/o kid, me. i had virtually the same injuries plus others. your buddy will be ok, just takes a while.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

No, no, this wasn't in Welland. Mike lives in Niagara Falls, and was there when it happened. There are some bad areas there, just like there are everywhere.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                imagine that happening to a 13 y/o kid, me. i had virtually the same injuries plus others. your buddy will be ok, just takes a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks, what happened Matt?

Comment

Well at least you know he's dedicated to the band.

Comment

Shit man, thats terrible. Who cares what he did to get into that I just hope he makes a speedy recovery.

James

Comment

Niagara Falls and St. Catherins are FUCKKKKED

People get beaten and slashed with machete's all the time!
                      there is the one sort of forest by my friends house in St. Catherines, that if you go in it you could lose an arm Via machete!

I've known a few people to just get slaughtered to within an inch of thier life for NO absolutly NO reason, people just fight in these areas!

anyhow this shit is getting more rampant in my area too, turing into Detroit here!

Yikes!

Chris

Comment

Selling drugs is more dangerous than doing them. Maybe he should treat this as a wake up call. Straighten up bro.

Comment

you also these sickfukks who get their jollies beating the hell out of people for no reason at all, those 2 teenagers in south florida who actually killed one homeless guy and beat the hell out of a few others, when you see em on the video tape, they are just enjoying the hell out of it.
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

well...this sounds certainly like a "drug" thing and not some random act of violence...NO..these guys wanted this guy.

Now, whatever evoked this ..I HOPE he tries to avoid later..live and learn. Well at least he lived to have an oppurtunity to learn.

Good luck!

Bill
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Son of a bitch man. That sucks. At least he'll be back to practice though, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X