RUIN...JCF bro Anders band!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUIN...JCF bro Anders band!

I just listened to our JCF Brother Anders demo a few times!!

As you know, I'm known for my vast knowledge and love of ALL true metal genres..especially the whole swedish gothenburg death thrash thing..and amoung that genre is a metal God/Guru named Dan Swano..

Our brother to me is one of the very few who here that is making his vision / accomplishments materialize without compromise..

You know, we bicker about alot of stupid crap here...and we are all guilty of that at one time or another..such as amps, Vetta VS Tubes and BS..and blah blah blah...and it ALL doesn't matter!! [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

None of that shit matters man...use whatever makes you play your best..shut your blow holes (me included) and Fuggit!

guitars, amps, are mere tools to get your ideas to materilaize onto disc the best way you can..

There is many others here who's done what I still want to do..Division , Severed Savior , Widow , Devane , Prototype..and a couple others..

Listen guys, getting Dan Swano is serious biz man..I mean he don't come cheap..and that's for a reason..he KNOWS his shit..and it always shows....did he ever put out anything that sounded like crap...NO! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

METAL..is a passion...a vision...and to have the dedication it takes to see that thru and kick ass doing it is comendable..I'm partial to metal...I hate pop music really..I hate the radio and media....I don't need external stimulation to dictate to me what is and is'nt cool..for they can all suck my neatly groomed beanbag.

That's why I always love metal..metalheads stayed true thru all the bad times..they stuck to their guns and guts....and gave the finger to what is "cool"...that's what Metal is to me...the anti-trend ....anti-MTV culture..

That's what Ruin is..after many listens to their EP "The World"..I strongly encourage to pick this up when it is realeased..it is high quality metal...something that you'd expect Dan Swano to be involved with...yes it is of that calibre.. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I with I could make my passion materialize ...Anders is doing it..I am happy for him and envious in a good way..

If you're into killer death thrash...do yourself a favor and check out RUIN!!!

In my NOT so humble opinion it's these guys here who are the stars man...the real players..who create awesome music of their own..that to me is the closest thing to being "godly"..to CREATE something and it is GOOD!!!

Anders ...Horns Up my brother..666 horns up!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Fucking,

Bill Z Bub

www.ruin666.com
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Re: RUIN...JCF bro Anders band!

Bill!!! Summarize your bloody post! It freaking long! You sounds like a grandma telling bedtime story!! heheheeheh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, Anders..ROCK ON BRO!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Sorry...I did actually summerize it....but I'm high..and when I'm high..I ramble..like now..

Sorry...just wanted to give props to a cool dude here and his band that just kicked my ass.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

props for Swano! that kicks ass.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] - That's how I felt when I read that Bill! THANK'S A-F'N-LOT bro!!!!!!! Don't know what else to say other than that!

I'm really floored by the positive response we've received! It makes me genuinely truly enourmously happy!!!! Yesterday Lord K Philipsson (The Project Hate, God Among Insects, Leukemia etc..) reviewed the demo: at Global Domination! and that felt great! And what he writes there is true "The only problem might be that there are 5000000 more unsigned bands with great quality these days, and they all want a record-deal.".

I'll stop talking about us now, but I wanted to show my apprecation for everyone that's said stuff about our band! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Thanks again Bill!
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Whats up man..hell don't thank me..just giving props where props is due...man I can fit in with you guys like a glove...especially the crazy lead work on "Falling Down"..That was my fave so far.. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Just giving credit where it's due is all..

HEY..I was just listening to LEUKEMIA the other day.."Grey Flannel Souled"...whoop ass!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Keep it heavy man..

OH..BTW..your drummer's beard has mine beat by a hair or two..it's getting there tho! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z

Comment

nicely said, Bill. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

yo Anders! Where can I get my hands on yer demo? I'd love to check it, dude. You take Paypal? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Yah, his band definatly kicks ass [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes it does..I will BUY this when it comes out...Anders dude put more frenzied solos in this stuff like in "Falling Down"...it really brings the whole thing to life man..and you do it like I would...you really do!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Kick ass Man! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hell guys, Thanks!!

The other guys in the [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] were very happy to see this thread as well!!

To those of you who might want a copy of this, it's available in its entirety on our website. But when we have some more professionally printed covers (which I hope will be soon, as soon as we have a final design) I'd be happy to try to arrange something for those that want one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill, I guess there'll be more solos in our upcoming material! And although that kind of solos might feel a bit cliche... I mean, that's the only way to play solo in this f'n music! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We still don't have songs, we have those three.. we've only rehearsed two times with our drummer, we had two other drummers before. But all of us feel that we want to try to get somewhere with this! So now the songwriting begins I guess! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

"Bill, I guess there'll be more solos in our upcoming material! And although that kind of solos might feel a bit cliche... I mean, that's the only way to play solo in this f'n music!"

The solo fit that song like a glove...I can't hear Yngwie plaing any magnum opus in D monor in the middle of that tight chaos...NO...Kerry King..Exodus frenzyness is where it's at when doing this kinda stuff!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I do that stuff well..I LIKE it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and YES, I need a copy when you get the whole package together..when ya do drop me a PM man..please..I'll buy it!

Bill Z Bub...

Comment

Anders...Killer shit bro!
                          This stuff is in the vein of stuff I've been working on lately. Fuckin' awesome bro!!...keep up the aural devestation! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

So dude...is this a side project of yours? Is Chain Of Hate alive and well?! Or is Ruin your main project now?

Comment

ey man that really does sound good [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] keep it going!

here's a link to some of our songs, curious what you guys think of it... Absynthium @ myspace.com [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Anders...Killer shit bro!
                              This stuff is in the vein of stuff I've been working on lately. Fuckin' awesome bro!!...keep up the aural devestation! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

So dude...is this a side project of yours? Is Chain Of Hate alive and well?! Or is Ruin your main project now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ken!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              I really wanna hear what you're up to when you get something recorded, pm me when you have!

Well, Since I'm a founding member of Ruin, I've always considered Ruin to be of high priority, although Chain Of Hate has gotten more of my time. Chain Of Hate is still alive, but I don't know for how long.

Our latest demo turned out pretty bad unfortunately, due to a number of reasons... Just received word that our main singer more or less jumped the ship today. I guess we'll continue in some form, just don't know how yet.

It would pretty much suck to just quit playing with COH, since I truly believe that the potential is there.

Anyway, I feel like until we get the situation really sorted out with COH, Ruin will be my main priority, especially now that we've gotten such awesome response! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X