Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna puke....

...If I hear another cheesy (Iron Maiden rip-off) harmonized guitar line

that shit is done bazillion times, nothing is more overused than this.
    For god sake, play something else [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: I\'m gonna puke....

yeah...I would have to agree that formula has been used VERY much..

I was getting sick as you years ago ..when everyone wanted to sound like AC/DC..ah man..it seemed like every new band that came out in the very late 80's/ to about '90/'91 was a AC/DC cover band.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Then there was grunge.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Iron Maiden have influenced an entire generation of players with their signature harmonies, so what's wrong with showing that influence?

I tell you what, how about you make up your own scales and chords, because the ones you're stealing from everyone else have been done a bajillion times as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Gallop Gallop cheesy harmony line Gallop Gallop cheesy harmony line Gallop Gallop wahwah harmonized solo Gallop Gallop high pitched scream Gallop Gallop final harmonized superlick and an E5 to end!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

it's ok when Lizzy, Maiden, Schenker, Brian May etc. the originators do it.

But now everyone are using it, not only classic rock or heavy metal bands but emo, metalcore, melo-death, modern thrash etc. it's not necesseraly sincere but that's trendy or something. (sidenote: I don't hate trends)
          I'm not the one who says how somone should play or not, everyone should do whatever the fuck they want. If somone likes to play cheesy harmonies, then let him play.

But that sound itself is bad for my organism, as soon as I hear it, my brain starts to send signals to my stomach and the vomit starts coming up. When you hear something TOO much than your body starts to malfunction. And tha was the point of my post [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Gallop Gallop cheesy harmony line Gallop Gallop cheesy harmony line Gallop Gallop wahwah harmonized solo Gallop Gallop high pitched scream Gallop Gallop final harmonized superlick and an E5 to end!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Trooper, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

well I hear what yer is sayin' E..

but it's a better than a Rap-metal...

ohhh, can I get a Amen..and a praise Jesusssahhh..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

At least there are solos in some mainstream music again.

I gotta laugh about GOR's maiden formula... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

dont cha dare Ice from da hood
                  I'm Gasmasther E and shoow ya' whazz good
                  hip-hop's khuul and so'm I
                  I'll pee, pee in yar eye
                  ganstazz, biaotches, gimme hi five
                  gay ass metal's gonna mothaphuckin' die.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes GOR has it down!

and yes at least there is solos again...can I get a MacDaddy Jesus with fries!

Comment

Oh no you di-in't..

Oh hellll no..

ahhh ahhhh yeah yeah...C'mon C'mon..

when I lick..

Then I lick..when I'm lickin'

Almost got jacked for my bucket O' chickin..

Italian Ice!

Comment

For the most part rap makes me laugh. They are trying to sound so badass and it's hilarious. With lines like this,

"Ini-Mini-Miny-Mo, blow a nigga out his clothes
                        Come out the trench-coat with a Sawed-Off, and lay me down a hoe"

How can you not laugh? That's from a local rap group called 'Three 6 Mafia', BTW.

My dumbass drummer makes me listen to that shit from time to time. He's gets so into it he thinks he's a fucking badass gangsta... I have to repeatedly remind him there's huge difference between badass and dumbass. Sometimes I want to pop a cap in his ass myself just shut him up! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Rap makes ma laugh too.

btw. I have noiced that a lot of drummers like rap, because it's rhythmic.

Comment

Kicks yo drumma in da azz for me..HARD...and tell him that's from the Bill Z Bub... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Gladly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You should see him though. He's as funny as the shit he listens to. somewhat tall and skinny and thinks he is THE MAN.

He's been bad on drugs for about 15 years or so. coke/crack, meth, etc. He's a liar, thief, dead beat dad, lazy, won't work, sleeps 15 hours upto several days at a time, thinks he's the smartest in the world and suddenly got on a religious kick...

You have any idea what it's like for someone like that to want to talk about religion? I asked him to leave practice one day because of it.

I've known the piece of shit for about 20 years and he can be a great drummer if he applied himself to it. He could always have a job doing it if he wants it, dude is just a lazy bum.

Comment

Working...
                              X