Linux questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linux questions.

Right after Katrina, there were a bunch of tech articles about Live CDs and people configuring USB thumb drives with Linux images so they could get any semi-recent hardware up and connected to the net with minimal messing around.
    I do want a linux box, I'm just beyond the point of having a full sized computer in the house. I like my laptop because I can toss it in a drawer when I'm not using it instead of it taking up a corner of the house.

Comment

Yeah, I guess its just the way my mind works. I instantly thought about how handy this would be to connect to the internet on a busted windows system. I have to go burn that other image now and try that one too.

Comment

Ok. Im up and running with the SuSE Live cd. I had to config a few things manually with this but it booted faster than the other. Also this looks a lot sharper. But the firefox fonts still suck. I cant believe all this stuff is free.

Comment

Thats one of the beautys of opensource.
          You can adjust those firefox fonts to your likeing.
          Welcome to opensource and enjoy.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
          X