Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apples with Intel chips? Mac fans, your opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apples with Intel chips? Mac fans, your opinions?

So I'm in the market for a new MAC (as in, Apple haters need not post about their Windows machines) and this new MacBook seems interesting to me. It has the Intel chip in there and I'm in the market for a new Mac and was leaning towards an Ibook.

So what's your opinion on all this that's going on? Intel chips in Macs, seems a tad bit blasphemous to me.

Oh, MacBook info here: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Apples with Intel chips? Mac fans, your opini

I'm excited about it. I may buy one when the iBook line is updated. I'm also waiting until all the important software titles (Adobe Studio, Ableton Live) are updated to universal binaries before I make my final decision.

That particular chip is supposed to be the Bee's knees of portable CPUs. I work on a lot of mobile PC stuff and I can't wait to get a system which uses the Core Duo.

Apple's portable line needed a major kick in the pants. The G4 is just too anemic to handle recent apps.

Comment

I think it's a great idea. The Macs will give you more bang for the buck finally.

Comment

I made most of my money off of MAC memory back in the early to mid nineties.
        IBM-stands for I bought a Macintosh.-lol
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

welcome to where the grass is greener!

i think it'll be a good thing; the intel macs are supposedly way faster and i like the built in iSight camera in there. i think it's a drag that they had to give up a little bit of screen space (60 pixels in height), but all in all, good times. i think you'll be truly pleased. i'm really looking forward to getting iLife '06 as well, some neat new functions.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I made most of my money off of MAC memory back in the early to mid nineties.
            IBM-stands for I bought a Macintosh.-lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they started using the same memory as PeeCees and kind of messed with the specialized aftermarket.

Macintosh stands for
            My Applications Crash If Not The Operating System Hangs.

Well, that was before OS X, which convinced me to buy a mac.

Comment

Just remember, PowerPC applications will run at G4 speeds on the MacIntels. The native x86 stuff should scream when it comes out.

Comment

As a Mac user, i think it's great. They are doing what is best. the G5 chips are power pigs, that could not be made to go into a laptop. These Intel chips they are going to use are not Pentium Chips, they are cutting Edge DuoCore chips.

If you are a causual user, and are happy with Apples own software, ie. iLife, then go ahead and get it now. On the other hand if you are pro app user, Final Cut, Photoshop etc.. wait awhile till they get the universal disc out. Those apps will run under Rosetta, but no where near what they should for a pro user.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I'm looking closely at the laptops because I'm going to be away this summer for 8 weeks and I'll need something powerful to work with. Yes, it does look interesting, I've actually found myself trying to talk myself out of the MacIntel (tryin' to stay true).
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Apple also has some killer deals on refurb Power books right now. 12" 1.5GHz around 11-1200 USD.
                    Its a link on the right hand side of their store page.

Comment

There's an option ... though it's hard to go the refub route when there's new stuff that just came out! Maybe cost will beat me into submission.

Comment

I wouldn't go with the refurbs cause those problems come back a LOT.

Comment

Refurbs mean boomerangs in my business. The price is always attractive, but recousre is always a headache. Here's some aspirin in advance.
                          Your Welcome.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                          X