Better have no secrets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Better have no secrets.

Google may know me but I bet they wouldnt admit it public. None of us should be so naive as to think that the gov doesnt already have this information already. They want statiscal information from a public resource so they will not have to out themselves for collecting this information all along. Like mentioned this is all PR wrangling and eye wash.

Comment

Either way, before somebody decides to say "What the Hell", I recommend reading the IVth Amendment to the US constitution and then thinking long and hard about what it would likely lead to [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Whether the feds already have the data or not is irrelevant, Google should no be forced to cough it up.

Comment

Google only has info on people that was either freely entered into a Database or crawled off a web site. If Google has info about you that you don't want others to know about, then you need to be careful what you enter on the net. You can opt-out of thier database. (do a search on your name and city) There is also a simple text file you can add to the root of your web site to keep Google from crawling and indexing info. REMOVE ME FROM GOOGLE LINK But the bigger issue is if there is sensitive info about you in Google's data base, then odds are a lot of other info gathering sources have it as well.

Matt

Comment

Working...
        X