Camaro Fans..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Fans..........

I was excited when I heard GM was planning a re-birth of the F-Body in 2007. These were the first pics released to my knowledge, and were designed by Kris Horton. I hated the hood scoop, but all else was acceptable for a 1969 retro:

Then today I saw this video released by Road and Track. What the fuck are they thinking??? Instead of keeping the Camaro something unique, they're going to end up building some "look alike" retro muscle car that looks just like a Dodge or Ford! What happened to the days when cars had individual character??
    The video: mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.medi..._camaro_hi.wmv
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Camaro Fans..........

I dig it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love the 67-69 Camaro, mainly the rear end. I'll have to seriously consider it in 2011 (give them 2 years to work out the bugs).

Comment

aw man, that was really disappointing. hopefully it'll be tweaked more in the refining. reminds me of the caddilac CTS models.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        aw man, that was really disappointing. hopefully it'll be tweaked more in the refining. reminds me of the caddilac CTS models.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO! Yes Sully, the CTS! I was trying to think of what it reminded me of...that's it! Shit.

Comment

I hate 20in + wheels. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I think it looks ok. The side view mirrors are gay.

I am waiting on the new Challenger though. I am not really a GM kind of guy. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Car in the vid looks like something Caddy would do. Ugh.

Dig those pics, though.

EDIT: Man, you guys beat me to the Caddy reference! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Oh, and Mark - I'd much rather have an M&M Restorations ride over any of this new plastic stuff!
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Well boys, I wouldnt hold your breath for this car to become a reality. I work at a Chevrolet dealership, and lets all remember what got the F body cancelled in the first place: poor sales. Yes poor sales, caused mainly by outrageously high insurance premiums. Lots of people loved the Camaro and Firebird, and could afford it, but either could not afford the insurance, or refused to pay the very high insurance rates for the car. and I am not talking about 16 to 25 year old drivers here. I am talking about people in their 30s and 40s, where the insurance rates are at their "lowest". So, that coupled with the financial slump the automakers are in, and the very slow sales, I highly doubt this car will see the road. I think GM is just using the concept car to try to rally some loyalist interest to boost sales. Ford has the retro stang, and has done well with it, but its soaked up that market and is losing steam fast. Also, keep in mind that GM's SSR is failing miserably in sales. There are lots of dealers stuck with those things. and we recently discovered the market on Corvettes has cooled off now too. we used to be able to get over MSRP for them, not anymore....

spooky times for the car biz....
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

GM has missed the boat on Style,Design and Price.
                  They havent had an original idea in years.
                  The SSR and Vette are way over priced.
                  I looked at a new (06 I think) Tahoe today, $50,000 sticker ???? What are these guys thinking ??

For 50 grand I would send my Nova to M&M, Mark, you think you can work with that? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm on it like stink on shit FATCAT! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

So what you are saying with all the insurance stuff, is that I could buy a 1968 Cam and pay less? I'm just spouting. I can't fit into a 68.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...ro-Concept.htm

Comment

I dont know about that Fett, I just know that insurance rates are what drove the sales down on the F body platform. They just didnt sell, plain and simple. People could not or would not pay for the insurance on them, so they didnt buy them. in the end its supply and demand that rules the market. Its a bummer because they were fun cars. I would like to see them come back, but I really dont think its gonna happen. People are too dollar wise and practical now. They want to be able to haul stuff and people and still think they look "cool". so they drive decked out SUV's and trucks. The purist chevy fans buy vettes. The vettes are very nice "toy" cars, but I agree they are overpriced. The SSR is a joke in my opinion. They cancelled them too now, I heard a "limited edition" run is coming to try to boost the sales on the last ones they run at the plant.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I think the styling just needs tweked a little. Not too much. I , like many people, like the retro look. Most people have a hard time popping $40-50K for a original resto that you are too scared to drive for fear of ruining its value. You get one of these, you get the performance, looks, luxury of newer technology, more use regarding mileage, better fuel economy, more creature comforts for a fraction of the cost. I say its about damned time.-Lou
                            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I agree with some here, and I disagree with some. I was the service manager at a Chevrolet dealership when the F body was at it's peak, and yes, insurance prices had a little to do with the drop in sales, but the quality wasn't that great either. The biggest factor is GMs pricing structure. Originally (back in the 60's and 70's) the pony cars were good fast cheap fun. Nowadays, they're overpriced, and not really that much fun. GM may make an attempt to enter that market again, but it may truly die before they get on the wagon. The real money is in the original muscle cars, not these cheap generic looking afterthoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X