So I'm single....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm single....

Me and the girl just split up after a four year relationship, more or less because she's at FSU, and I'm at home.....
    We'd argue on the phone a lot, and not really have anything to say otherwise...
    Guys, I don't know what to do. Should I try to save it? or not?

Re: So I\'m single....

But more guitars. They don't argue with you.

Comment

A bunch of relationships get torn to pieces because of one of the partners going to college. I've seen it happen all to much this year.

Don't mean to upset you, but if she's anything like me or my friends she's probably cheated on you 5 times already. (I'm only at college for one semester (of my first year)).

Try getting over it, that'll take some time, and when the wounds are healed just keep your eyes open for another soulmate.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Seriously,Burn,if the distance has proven to be that much of problem,let it go for now,but maintain casual contact. See how things work when she returns,if you are still interested.

Don't rush in to anything new,but don't isolate yourself,either....
        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Seriously,Burn,if the distance has proven to be that much of problem,let it go for now,but maintain casual contact. See how things work when she returns,if you are still interested.

Don't rush in to anything new,but don't isolate yourself,either....

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.... let her have her space... give her distance and time to contact you on her own... don't force the issue, but don't drop off the face of the planet. Any pressure you put on her to 'stay with you' (when she's already away and gone) will just force her to be more emotionally detatched. IF you have long term interest in her...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, I'm planning to just let it go for awhile..... but it's just kicking me in the ass.......i guess

Comment

Heh,
              I was in that situation years ago. One thing is, you may think it's the end of the world now, but 10 years from now you'll wonder why it bugged you so much.

Like it was said before here, give her space and if you guys get back together, great.

If you are both unhappy and fight on the phone to justify one of your cheating or unhappiness, you'll never get over it in the end - either way. Stay together and she or you will be pissed about what might have been and if you stay together someone will hold something against the other. Break up and you may get back together someday, or not. You are better off now.

Definitely do what YOU want to do now, don't just do something to try and get her to want you back, that may come later without you trying.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Why not write Dear Abby?
                "POOP"

Comment

Let her go and see what happens.

Comment

once you get laid again by some other chick, all this will fade. play the field, have fun, and listen to the Tom Leykis radio show man, he will clue you in on what's up with women! (now he has a webcast for those who can't get his radio show locally)

http://blowmeuptom.com/
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      But more guitars. They don't argue with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Go out and have fun with your buds, not looking for a new woman but not discouraging new applicants either. Y'all are already split, you don't need to tell her if you come upon another girl. If she's not your gf anymore it's none of her business. And frankly, if she's at college and you can't support her under your own roof, what she does is none of YOUR business. Brutal, yet true...
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Me and the girl just split up after a four year relationship, more or less because she's at FSU, and I'm at home.....
                          We'd argue on the phone a lot, and not really have anything to say otherwise...
                          Guys, I don't know what to do. Should I try to save it? or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, odds are she's already in another relationship. Most of the time when women want to argue all the time they are trying to force you to break up with her so she won't be the bitch.
                          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

The only thing that should be steady for a late teens early 20's guitar player is the STEADY FLOW OF ASS you are getting.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              The only thing that should be steady for a late teens early 20's guitar player is the STEADY FLOW OF ASS you are getting.

[/ QUOTE ] Amen brother. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X