Questions about XM RADIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about XM RADIO

Kathy gave me this XM Radio deal for Christmas. I finally got around to getting it set up in the living room. The reception sucks on it and I live only like 10 miles from NYC. In the manual it says that large cities have repeaters for clarity. I tried putting the antenna in the window and it helps a little. Any tips on increasing reception? Can the antenna go outside? That would help, right? Is it waterproof?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Questions about XM RADIO

It is satellite radio...put it where it gets the most "sky".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      It is satellite radio...put it where it gets the most "sky".

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, satellite. That would be outside. That was one of my questions. Is the home antenna waterproof for outside placement?
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm not sure of that. I just have the vehicle system.

Comment

I got Sirius for xmas, and the reception blows, and i'm only 20 minutes from Atlanta. I find you have to put it outside the house by 6 feet or more to get constantly good reception.

Kinda disappointing... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X