Proof of Cookie Cutter songwriting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proof of Cookie Cutter songwriting

Here we have proof that Nickleback sucks...it's science.

My friend and I were talking about their cookie cutter song writting the other day. I am glad you posted it.

Comment

Hey... people are sheep.
      Cookie cutter... yes, but they're getting paid.
      I don't personaly care for them, but my wife digs 'em.
      They do have some cool tunes that don't get any radio play, but those tunes don't fit the model.
      -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hey... people are sheep.
        Cookie cutter... yes, but they're getting paid.
        I don't personaly care for them, but my wife digs 'em.
        They do have some cool tunes that don't get any radio play, but those tunes don't fit the model.

[/ QUOTE ]and thats the bottom line. Theyre gettin paid, and we're bitching about it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Btw, it was David st. hubbins who pointed out the "fine line" between stupid and clever. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

i have another mp3 on my HD that has dream theater - these walls on one side and some linkin park song on the other [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          needless to say, the songs were pretty much identical, sad but true.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Btw, it was David st. hubbins who pointed out the "fine line" between stupid and clever. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yep... you are correct... I just verified with my wife.
            She can quote the movie word for word.
            She has it and all the songs memorized.
            The best piece of satire film ever produced in my opinion.
            It was Rob Reiner who created the term "rock-umentary", not MTV.
            I was thinking of Nigel's ballad... "Lick my love pump" in D minor. "which is the saddest of all keys" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            -Rick

Comment

I think Nickelback does it intentionally. Easy way to get an second / third radio single... General population doesn't realize the songs are identicle (paying attention more to the lyrics), structure is already familiar and thus catchy.

All I remember is the video at some festival in Brazil or Portugal where they had rocks thrown at 'em.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                All I remember is the video at some festival in Brazil or Portugal where they had rocks thrown at 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay to see that...
                Hear the universe scream
                Bleeding from black holes
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

That was a really funny video. Especially the part where the singer basically stops in frustration saying into the mic "Do you guys want to hear some Nickleback!" and then gets pelted right after.
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Sadly that "cookie cutter" syndrome go's way beyond music these days. Clothing, cars, houses, etc. What ever happened to individuality???
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

How about country music? Almost every damn song has the same theme! All you rednecks do is drink whiskey and miss your x-wives?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay to see that...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/w/NICKELBACK-...rch=nickelback

How much do I get? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] too funny.
                          -Rick

Comment

Yeah but at the same time I think It's so rude and stupid of the people throwing the rocks, just imagine if it was you on stage, I wouldn't like that anyway.

Comment

Fuck 'em. They suck. They should never be on that stage to get hit with rocks in the first place. They are uninspired, unoriginal, and basically lame assholes trying to get paid.

Comment

They must have done something good, since they are standing on the stage and since they have released I don't know how many albums(?) and have some fans..

I think that It's the people trowing rocks that are stupid, I mean, they pay money to go to the concert just to throw rocks at a band they don't like.. That's just my opinion [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                                I would never waste my money that way, I would save it to buy a guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X