Proof of Cookie Cutter songwriting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proof of Cookie Cutter songwriting

They haven't done anything "good" as far as I'm concerned. They don't belong onstage. Period.

Comment

It's a good thing that people have their own opinions and I respect yours but I don't agree with it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        They must have done something good, since they are standing on the stage and since they have released I don't know how many albums(?) and have some fans..

I think that It's the people trowing rocks that are stupid, I mean, they pay money to go to the concert just to throw rocks at a band they don't like.. That's just my opinion [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        I would never waste my money that way, I would save it to buy a guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A crew of marketing people that know how to sell a band to the the mass people? You think people choose to listen to this garbage? Its force fed down their throats through Mtv and the Radio. They don't know any better.

Comment

I have chosen to listen to them, at least some of their songs and I don't watch MTV and I rarely listen to the radio, so I don't agree with you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I have chosen to listen to them, at least some of their songs and I don't watch MTV and I rarely listen to the radio, so I don't agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats how they got their fame here and their "hit" singles. The sound file speaks for itself, they just copy their own crap and it sells to the masses.

Comment

Yes I understand that, but I'm just saying that everyone Is not forced to listen to them.

About the copying of their own songs, I think that they'll be forced to change a bit when they start loosing fans, and I know that will happen. I'm not a big fan of them I just like some of their songs.

Comment

Never paid any attention to those morons, but chances are I've been hearing both songs randomly on the radio without even knowing they're different.
                If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

They pulled it off and made millions, seems to me they deserve respect for that fact.

None of you would pass up on the same opportunity. Integrity means jack shit as soon as our trusted buddy, the dollar, comes into play.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    They pulled it off and made millions, seems to me they deserve respect for that fact.

None of you would pass up on the same opportunity. Integrity means jack shit as soon as our trusted buddy, the dollar, comes into play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad but true...

"you wanna hear some rock n roll or go home?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

Yeah, I see your point. I tend to think of people as hypocrites when they bitch about people selling out. If some dude walked up to you and offered you a million dollar contract, I think it would be hard to pass up (after all, a million dollars is a lot of guitars [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]).
                      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        It's a good thing that people have their own opinions and I respect yours but I don't agree with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          A crew of marketing people that know how to sell a band to the the mass people? You think people choose to listen to this garbage? Its force fed down their throats through Mtv and the Radio. They don't know any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

you know, people have the option to change the channel or radio station to listen something else.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, people have the option to change the channel or radio station to listen something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I think.

Comment

There was an interview with those guys i think in guitar world and they said they went back to the hit songs on silver side up and used them as building blocks for the new disc. they admited to doing this stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in Canada. They have the Cancon law that ensures that these assclowns are played about twice an hour on any Canadian rock station. People are sheep & buy what they hear on the radio. Proven fact. The Cancon rules haven't helped new Canadian artists break out, either. Stations play it safe & meet their quotas by playing more of the same Nickelback, Avril, Celine, Alanis, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X