Shipping overseas question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping overseas question

I have a sale pending for a shipment to Europe and the seller wants do a direct moeny transfer into my checking account. Is there any danger in releaseing my account info? I've never had anyone request this before. I usually use Paypal. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Shipping overseas question

I paid a guy in LA direct into his bank account via wire transfer, from within my bank, to his account. This was a few years ago and was how he wanted to be paid. I don't know what I could have done with his info other than put money into his account, but you never know.

Is there a reason they don't want to/can't do paypal?

Comment

i recently found out it takes almost as long for funds to transfer to/from banks and paypal accounts as it would to clear a cheque. and yet you get charged for the privilege! but hey, i live in the uk and the buyer is also uk based [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] ....
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I just sold a guitar in Sweden and we are going to perform a bank transfer. I'm going to be sending him my bank account # and the bank's wire transfer routing number. Also, I have a thread on this over in the ebay section.
        http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=1#630110

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

wodka, I've done the wire transfer thing on three occasions for European transactions and each was quick and easy. It is safe and secure.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah, I have done this also. It is common in Europe, and in some countries it is cheaper / less hassle. Small hint: you may want to check if your bank will charge you for this (Wells Fargo does).
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My bank charges around $25 regardless of sending or receiving.

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Dayum! WF charges 10.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X