Do you have band business cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have band business cards?

I'm going to make some business cards for my bands. Seems club owners want a business card if they can get it. I think it looks more professional anyway. I'm just trying to get an appropriate theme on the card that displays that we're a heavy metal band yet still staying professional.

What do your cards look like?

Re: Do you have band business cards?

Here's the template I have so far. What do you think?

Call me if you really feel like you must.

Comment

You really shouldn't put your phone number on the interweb.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I think that card looks professional enough for a band. I agree with Tekky, you might want to black out your number and/or e-mail.

Comment

I'd ditch the Comic Sans font, but that's just a personal thing. To me that font says, I'm a businessman, but I can be fun. Really I can. See how fun I am with my casual font.

I'd use a heavy, blocky Sans Serif font.

Comment

If the card is for clubowners, the business card is for just that, business. They wanna get in contact with you if they need to, and have your info in their deck of cards. Basic. Don't put much "fun" BS into the card. The more businesslike you appear to represent yourselves, the more likely they will want to do business with you.

If you're a deathmetal band with an unreadable psycho cryptic logo of your name, make sure you spell it out somewhere. Bar owners HATE that shit, my friend who ran a bar hated it badly.

Always remember, this isn't whether they like your style of font or "flair" it's whether you can make them money. And people that appear to be biz-like are better to deal with, so, look like you're all biz.

Make sure the number has a voicemail, AND that you actually call it back promptly or you probably won't be called on again. I would get a simple to type Email that is just for biz contacts. Darkened-info @ yahoo etc

Comment

I agree with the Comic Sans thing. Seems kind of not ballsy for a heavy metal band. Something like Morpheus would be a better font or if you use a specific one for your band logo.
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I agree with the Comic Sans thing. Seems kind of not ballsy for a heavy metal band. Something like Morpheus would be a better font or if you use a specific one for your band logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the hardest part. I want to appear ballsy like a metal band should, but I don't want it to be unprofessional either. I thought it would be a very bad idea to have an all black card with flames and skulls all over it and a messy band logo.

I'll mess around with a few other fonts and see what I can come up with. I didn't think that Comic Sans looked too bad, but if a few here think so then a few there will too.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

I'd just use something bold heavy and simple. Italicise the big logo. Square everything up. Something like Helvetica Neue Bold Italic in the mac world.

Keeping it simple is the best idea, It will print way better too. Where are you getting them printed?

I work in an office everyday, the comic MS font is the one managers use when it's supposed to be a "fun" email.

Comment

Hahaha... "'fun' email"
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

"Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
                      The tasteful thickness of it.
                      Oh, my God. It even has a watermark."

Comment

business cards are not metal
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Business cards are only good if your manager or booking agent is handing them out for you.
                          Handing a club owner a business card after or before you negotiate that awesome pay to play gig is pretty cheesy.
                          I like to write my booking info on the bathroom wall or on a slightly used napkin.

Comment

Oh fuck, can't blot out the phone number. The picture is even supposed to be deleted, it shouldn't be there at all! I don't need more calls at three o'clock in the morning! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I considered routing that number into an automatic call router and forcing it to call you every 15 minutes (I work for a very large telecommunications company), but it would have been way too cruel.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X