I hate the flippin' IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate the flippin\' IRS

Claim no dependents all year, then claim yourself at the end of the year. Viola, instant refund check.

If you're shoveling money to the IRS, you're probably making a decent amount of money, and not having enough taken out of your resources (blame your payroll department) or you could be self employed, and you just don't pay into it at all, until the end of the year.

I can agree with tek and disagree with him on this. My logic is, claim the 0 all year, and get a large check at the end of the year, it's free money, that I didn't miss.

Now my girl, she is only getting a 1/3 of what I got back? Why? Because she chose to claim herself, all year long.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'd rather pay the fukkers than get money back. I'll keep whatever I can from each paycheck than give undle sam interest free loans twice a month, he wouldnt do that for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on. Plus something nobody has mentioned yet is that inflation eats up a portion of that money also. Use your own money right away. If you have an amount to pay, that means you got free use of the govt's money last year. That is "stickin' to the man" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dont you people love your government? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Ill get back 4.5-5K. No more guitars for me. Im buying an Amish made dining room set in 1/4 sawn white oak though. Theres something wrong IMO when the table and chairs that are all hand made, use 10 X the wood as a guitar and is still cheaper than a Charvel CNCd Strat head. I guess those Amish dont have to pay for marketing, lawyers and such. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm getting $429. I hear a lot about having them take out extra and put money in this or that, and the "interest-free loan" bit (which, despite the neo-hippie movement Tekky's friend is in, H&R Block have described it that way for years in their "Why the f*** do I pay taxes?" section of their FAQ), but really, I'd hafta see some guaranteed numbers before I went that route, and those numbers would have to accompany numbers for everything else that would be affected by going that route.
          If I'm taking home less each payday because it's going into a tax bunker or so I get a bigger lump next Feb, I gotta see how taking home less NOW will affect me.

Here's a handy tip for "free money" - stick $60 a week into a shoebox for 5 years and you'll have $15K in cash that you've already paid taxes on. 5 years seems like a long time, but if you had started it 5 years ago....
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've tried sticking money away every paycheck for say a Christmas fund at the end of the year. For some reason or another though, we always seem to dip into it during the course of the year for miscellaneous bills, etc. We always say we're going to replace the money and never do. I am not disciplined enough to not dip into the fund when needed. I get a large return at the end of the year. If the gov't has it, I can't get to it.

Comment

Working...
            X