lame ass Friday night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lame ass Friday night...

Well, the vacation is over. Start gigging with the cover band again tomorrow night. So what am I doing? Brushing up on a bunch of gay songs I love to forget. I've got some cold Heinekens though, and some bud. I wish the majority of clubbers were into decent music though so I wouldn't have to learn this kucka. Whats wrong with people...
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: lame ass Friday night...

What you do in cases like that is plant some metal head friends in the audience to yell out, "Play some Slayer!", "Play some Metallica" etc... That way you can jam out at the request of the audience. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Man, that's an awesome idea. What kinda shitty music are they making you relearn?
      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Well, at least you can play (I'm still sucking after all these years LOL!)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Well, at least you can play (I'm still sucking after all these years LOL!)

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What you do in cases like that is plant some metal head friends in the audience to yell out, "Play some Slayer!", "Play some Metallica" etc... That way you can jam out at the request of the audience. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That does happen, sometimes the drummer will even kick in for a minute. But usually my metal friends and bandmates just show up and heckle. Call me a pussy and shit. It's actually all pretty fuckin' funny but the days leading up to a gig after any kind of extensive break are torture for me because I never listen to this stuff and I have to refresh my memory.

What kind of songs you ask...

Howie Day-Collide, Nickelback-Photograph, Garth Brooks-Two Pena Coladas, whoever sings "Breakfast at Tiffanies", shit like that. Alive by Pearl Jam, is probably the heaviest song we do...
            Lots of oldies too, Neil Diamond, that "Build Me Up Buttercup" song and shit.
            Hear the universe scream
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

well paul, I have to say I would be that your the first JCF member to ever play "build me up buttercup" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now please dont tell me you play "whats new pussycat" or any Tom Jones song for that matter. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

actually my band did "build me up buttercup" for a while - our own "arrangement" though....double bass drums and heavy guitars...

we still do "luka" in our set these days...it was getting a better reaction than "living after midnight"...go figure!!

BTW, we are considered an all original band, so the cover song we do play is usually a treat. we only play 1 cover song in a 60-90 minute set...and it's usually an "encore" (self-generated encores most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Build Me Up Buttercup played on a Jackson? There is something very wrong with that. Please tell me you're not playing Mustang Sally. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Build Me Up Buttercup played on a Jackson? There is something very wrong with that. Please tell me you're not playing Mustang Sally. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

or Funky Town
                    or Girls just wanna have fun
                    or Its Raining Men
                    or YMCA
                    or Xanadu (or any Olivia Newton John song)
                    or Stayin' Alive
                    or Charma Chameleon

Comment

or Little Red Corvette
                      or Papa Don't Preach
                      or Brand New Pair of Roller Skates (Melanie)
                      or Midnight at the Oasis
                      or Jenny (867-5309) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      or Time Passages
                      or Dream a Little Dream of Me

and the list goes on.......................

by the way paulbag, Build me Up Buttercup was kinda cool back in the 70's...The Foundations I believe. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

or the Safety dance
                        or Every body wang chung tonite
                        or Dancing on the Ceiling
                        or the Macarena

Comment

I don't own a Jackson bass... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Hear the universe scream
                          Whom horns careless
                          And whom God mourns

Comment

Working...
                          X