Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hay guys..

I haven't been online in a while.

First, thanks again for those who could help a brother out for the holidays...

I'm happy and thankfull to say we got the property taxes paid, my cell is back on, and I'm on the hunt for jobs.

While I was in rehab, I was reffered to Washington Univeristy for the biopsy of that cyst in my chest.. I'll basically be one of those guys in the glass room being operated on in front of up and coming medical students...cool and free.

Speaking of rehab...
    As some of you know, I am a recovering drug addict. I never spent a dime on my drug habit since I left FL over a year ago. I came here, got involved with some bad people/buisiness...easy access=worse than spending that paycheck.

Around the holidays, with all the confusion, worries, mixed emotions and sprints of happiness, I relapsed.
    An old demon in the form of a "friend" came by and loaded me a shot of meth.

Thankfully this was after I had recieved a glimpse of hope, and was thinking things were going to be ok...I saw the train coming, and I jumped away before I got on.

I checked into a 21 day drug rehab center (Athena Center)...
    Great program, made some good friends. Got clean, and am following a 12 step program now. I never did the rehab/12 step thing.. its a lot more promising/structured than the old ways of quitting yet never dealing wiht my "disease".

I got out a few days ago, and things are going well. Already hit 3 NA meetings too.

I'm not sure exactly why I'm posting this, but I remember one or two people asking about me before I left, and I also wanted anyone that is battling thier own demons to know "it works if you work it"..heh.

Hope the new year is bringing good to you all (yes, you all.. contrary to my geographic location I REFUSE to say YA'LL just yet).

Steve

Re: Hay guys..

Congratulations and continued success,hope the job hunt pans out soon.
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Steve Brutha man keep track , I'm a recoved man myself with alcohol if you ever need to talk or feeling like it's crashing find me here or e-mail me. Good luck! & stay Strong \m/
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Keep the course my friend, great to see progress. Best of luck!

Comment

Told you things will start getting better soon [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] it's cool to hear that you're doing ok bro [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement, support and kind words.
            It means more to me than you would think.

Now if I could only get my own personal cheerleading sqaud for support eh?

hehe

Comment

It's good to hear from you bro! I was wondering how you were. Give me a call sometime.

Comment

Hey Gwar, good to hear you are making changes. Might be time to change your avatar too...
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Thanks for sharing...

It works if you work it, so work it, you're worth it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Hay Wulfe, I will give you a call for sures.
                    Been busy tryin to juggle and figure out a few things.

Thanx again for the words dudes.

And yeah, I guess it is time to change my avatar!
                    Good idea..thanx.

Comment

=)
                      Yup, New Avatar.

Comment

Working...
                      X