Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Official 2006 Open Wheel Racing" thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Official 2006 Open Wheel Racing" thread...

Target Chip Ganassi (Dan Wheldon, Scott Dixon, with Honda power fastest @ PIR testing, now they win the "Rolex 24 hrs of Daytona". shaping up to be a good year, if you're a bullseye fan. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

if you have any "news or facts" about IRL, Champcar, or F1 let it rip here.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: The \"Official 2006 Open Wheel Racing\" thread...

here's the "i am indy" anthem written by Gene Simmons.
    I AM INDY

sounds good... but, it will take more than a song to get open wheels fans back [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Sounds good? Ummm... You feeling ok?

Is that Scott Travis on drums? Hahaha...

Comment

it's not great, but i've heard worse. you think Gene Simmons can bring the indy 500 back to what it was... with his marketing savy? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] i wouldn't bet against him.
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

36 days to Bahrain!!! I'm about losing my mind here. 11 teams this year, with a record number of manufacturer teams. Renault, Toyota, Honda, Ferrari, BMW. 19 races on the calender. Anything could happen.

Will Alonso defend his title?
          Will Button win some races?
          Will Raikkonen get a more reliable car, and lay waste?
          Will Schumacher be back?
          What about Montoya, will he ever live up to his great potential?
          Is this another throw-away year for Williams?
          Is it the end for Villeneuve?
          Will Barrichello shine now that he is no longer under Schumacher's shadow, or is he over the hill?

Last year I predicted that Raikkonen would walk away with the championship, and I would have been right if Mercedes could build an engine that didn't blow up half way through a race. If not for poor reliability, Kimi would have been untouchable. This year, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that Mercedes learned an important lesson, and I'm going to call Raikkonen for World Champion again.

It's going to be a great season, that's for sure.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Re: The \"Official 2006 Open Wheel Racing\" thread..

you forgot about tires. 5 teams are running Bridgestones this year, thats almost half! it should prove to be a bit more competetive that way, im hoping. Zeegs, do you ever make it out to the Canadian Grand Prix? i've been to Indy twice (no, not last year thank god) and i'll probably go again in June. there's really nothing like it. wonder what the V10's will sound like.

Comment

I'll be really following F1 big time this year, IRL and Champ car have cut their schedules down so much it'll be hard to get too excited about either series, and I am just sick of Nascar anymore. so F1 it is, just hope Bernie doesn't mess it up.
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Did the debacle that was the US Grand Prix, where only the Bridgestone-shod teams ran, affect the American fans' view of F1? Do you think anyone will turn up at Daytona this year?

Comment

from what i've been reading HONDA is expecting "wins" this year, not just podiums from their F1 program. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Okay, so my brain said "Indianapolis", but my dumb fingers typed "Daytona"! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                    Ahem - Do you think anyone will turn up at INDIANAPOLIS this year? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Okay, so my brain said "Indianapolis", but my dumb fingers typed "Daytona"! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                      Ahem - Do you think anyone will turn up at INDIANAPOLIS this year? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that irl's problem in a nutshell? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i think it will be a big attendance year at indy.
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        you forgot about tires. 5 teams are running Bridgestones this year, thats almost half! it should prove to be a bit more competetive that way, im hoping. Zeegs, do you ever make it out to the Canadian Grand Prix? i've been to Indy twice (no, not last year thank god) and i'll probably go again in June. there's really nothing like it. wonder what the V10's will sound like.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the V8s right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I haven't attended the Montreal GP yet, and I will probably be going to Indy first. It's not much further, and Indy is WAY cheaper than Montreal. But then of course there's the girls in Montreal! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I'm going to try to make it next year to at least one of them.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Are there any rule changes to make IRL a bit more interesting to watch this season?
                          Indy is fun, but those cookie cutter tracks just made for lame races last season. It seemed like every race I actually caught involved 2-3 cars 1/2 lap ahead of everyone else. It made it look like there was only 5-10 cars on the track.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            You mean the V8s right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

doh!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            i meant to say that. im not retarded, i just act like it most of the time.

F1.com just posted the press release photos of the new MF1 car, it looks pretty good. it actually has sponsorship on it this year. but, it is going to be sad not seeing a bright-ass yellow car anywhere on the grid this year. poor EJ....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Are there any rule changes to make IRL a bit more interesting to watch this season?
                              Indy is fun, but those cookie cutter tracks just made for lame races last season. It seemed like every race I actually caught involved 2-3 cars 1/2 lap ahead of everyone else. It made it look like there was only 5-10 cars on the track.

[/ QUOTE ]

one engine supplier should even the field. the teams that find the best setup should do well.
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                              X