Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Official 2006 Open Wheel Racing" thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The \"Official 2006 Open Wheel Racing\" thread..

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Okay, so my brain said "Indianapolis", but my dumb fingers typed "Daytona"! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
    Ahem - Do you think anyone will turn up at INDIANAPOLIS this year? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that irl's problem in a nutshell? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i think it will be a big attendance year at indy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means the F1 race at Indianapolis, I think it will do quite well, the fans who got screwed last year got freebies for this years race, Michelin, and Tony George are eating the loss
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      You mean the V8s right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

doh!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      i meant to say that. im not retarded, i just act like it most of the time.

F1.com just posted the press release photos of the new MF1 car, it looks pretty good. it actually has sponsorship on it this year. but, it is going to be sad not seeing a bright-ass yellow car anywhere on the grid this year. poor EJ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is rather a shame. I still have my official Jordan Racing hat around somewhere. I got interested in Jordan after Damon Hill moved there. It's a shame they never went anywhere.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

don't get your hopes up but...

unification

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Target Ganassi driver Dan Wheldon outduels Marlboro Penske driver Helio Castro-Neves in round 1 of the IRL season.

However tragic news in the morning warmup... Paul Dana R.I.P. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I have one question: Why don't they make courses where you can pass? It seems to me that if you get out in front and don't break down, you win. Just a history moment: I went to a theater to watch the INDY 500 in "6?". Open wheels and everything. That was the race when there was a big wreck-up and wheels were flying everywhere. I think Jimmy Clark won that one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

hopefully the confusion of open wheel racing in the states will be solved with the "merger" being worked out as I type right now. IRL and Champcar need to form one series and move forward with a mixture of road/street/oval racing, my understanding is this might take place as early as next year using the moniker of "Indycar World Series" with 2.65 liter turbos from Honda and Ford, tires by Firestone/Bridgestone, chassis by panos...

2007 chassis
              panos chassis
              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
              X