Goodbye, my friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye, my friend

Just got off the phone with my wife and it's done. Had to have my dog put down. He would've been 2 years old on May 11th. His breed is prone to a genetic hip condition which causes undue pain and eventually paralysis. He was limping occasionally just before I left but has quickly gone downhill since. Just wish I could've seen him one more time. I have been missing him as much as I miss my wife and kids. (You other dog owners know what I mean). It's killing me that I couldn't be there with him when he went. He was my pal, my buddy, my boy. My keyboard's wet with tears as I type this.

<font color="yellow">********** RIP, Jake. I love you buddy!!!!********** </font>

My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Re: Goodbye, my friend

That just sucks. Sorry to hear that man. Good friends are hard to find, and even harder to let go. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

SO sorry to hear about that....it breaks my heart.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

oh man, I am so sorry.
        I lost two pooches a few years back and still miss them.
        They give you unconditional love and only expect a little play and a scratch in the head.

So sorry...
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. RIP Jake. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

My sorrow for your loss. He was a beautiful dog, just remember that you gave him a good life and spared him more suffering at the end. That is hard to do but right, and you did the right thing. Take care of yourself, time will lessen the pain, though you never forget him.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Mark, I am sorry for your loss. It is a hard decision to make, but you guys did right by Jake. There are few things as heart breaking as watching an animal suffer. Always remember the good times he shared with you and your family.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Man, that sucks bad... I have a lot of feelings for dogs as they are such unconditional friends. I'm sorry man...

Like Rich said, he did at least have a good life in a loving home, and that is so much more than most dogs get in this world. Just sucks for you and the family to lose his friendship.
                -----------------------------------------------------------

"I STOOD BESIDE YOUR BED LAST NIGHT"
                --Author unknown

I stood beside your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep. I whined to you so softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here." I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more. I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there. I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me." You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there. It's possible for me to be so near you everyday and to say to you with certainty, "I never went away." You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew... In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning And say "goodnight and Blessed Be, I'll see you in the morning." And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side. I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

Comment

That killed me John.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sorry to hear it bro. I lost my dog 2 weeks ago, I know your pain.
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.I just got a Beagle puppy on new years day, and named him Jake.My son had a dog when he was 3 named Jake and he had wanted one ever since.

RIP buddy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        That killed me John.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. i'm sorry, mark; that's just awful news. he was not even 2?
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that Mark. You are in my thoughts bro. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Ohhhh Spicoli... man... I'm sorry to hear that, bro.
                            You guys are all in my thoughts.

Hugs,
                            Em

Comment

Sorry Mark, that just sucks. Hang in there...

Comment

Working...
                              X