• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goodbye, my friend

I'me so very sorry to hear this.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. It's cliche, but hopefully time will help to ease the pain.

My wife put one of our pets to sleep over a year ago and she still can't bear to do away with the ashes from the cremation.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Dude....man...I'm so sorry....he was such a cool lil dude!!

I don't know what you're going through, although eventually I know I'll have to do it with my pups, which will kill me.

We're thinkin of ya bro. </font>

Comment

Very sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how you feel. Mine is like a my kid to me and it would absolutely kill me to lose her.

Hope you feel better and your days get brighter soon.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

What a shame. That's what comes from greedy dog breeders inbreeding too much. A friend of mine had a German Shephard with the same condition, and she was 3 years old when they put her to sleep. She could hardly walk at all. The vet was fuming mad. He said he probably puts down a dozen young dogs every year because of the same thing, and blames it all on the breeders for not outbreeding enough.

Very sad. Sorry about your loss man. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hey Mark,
              We lost our Rottie after he turned 8. He had thyroid cancer and literally could not move. I had to carry him around (130 lbs). My wife and kids were cradling him when they put him down. I couldn't bear it and had to stay outside. This was 2 years ago. I can say, however, that the pain has subsided and we laugh more than we cry about our memories of him.

Stay strong, bro.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Man.........., I am a dog owner and I know exactly where your coming from. You did the right thing.

Comment

I don't have the words after I am very sorry my good man.
                  Two years is not fukkin' fair.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Over the years we have had to put down two dogs because of their hips giving out, my old black lab just a couple months ago, she was like my kid, both of our dogs managed to live healthy lives until they were about 14, so we were grateful for that. I am sure it really hurts to lose a young one like this, sorry for your loss.
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Mark, I'm very sorry. It's especially sad that this happened while you're deployed. It really underscores how much you guys & your families sacrifice. RIP, Jake.

Comment

Sorry to hear that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

My sister has a dog and It's the same breed as that one.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. They really are family rather than pets and it hurts so much to lose them. My thoughts are with you bro, stay safe.
                          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Sorry for your loss bro, I know what it's like. He sure was a nice looking dog. You did what you had to.

John I don't know where you found that but Christ it hurt to read it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Just got off the phone with my wife and it's done. Had to have my dog put down. He would've been 2 years old on May 11th. His breed is prone to a genetic hip condition which causes undue pain and eventually paralysis. He was limping occasionally just before I left but has quickly gone downhill since. Just wish I could've seen him one more time. I have been missing him as much as I miss my wife and kids. (You other dog owners know what I mean). It's killing me that I couldn't be there with him when he went. He was my pal, my buddy, my boy. My keyboard's wet with tears as I type this.

<font color="yellow">********** RIP, Jake. I love you buddy!!!!********** </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

So sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Just had to take one of mine in yesterday for siezures.
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog, from a guy who spends lots of time doing dog rescue it is never easy to lose one.

"Don't breed or buy while others die"

Comment

Working...
                                X