No announcement yet.

357 is at it again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My theory about this whole situation is that EPI does not build these guitars by the masses. I highly doubt EPI Sigs are in huge demand so they probably build a couple every so often. But now they got a huge order so they have to switch over from their regular production to a side order that is very demanding. They probably do not have the capacity to build this number of guitars. I'm not sure how long it takes to build a EPI Zakk Wylde, but I'm sure it takes a considerable amount of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable
      What did President Dan (LT. Dan) say when you asked him about the thousands of defective Epi's that were shipped from the factory several weeks ago?? Oh yea... you didn't ask him about that.

How about the confirmation that 500 guitars were shipping that Friday around 6 weeks ago. Oh.. it slipped your mind.

Did anybody ever confirm an actual backorder at Epiphone for Zack Wylde guitars?

At this point.. if I was in on this deal, although I hate to admit it, I would wait it out too. Sambencuda is 100% correct. If you already got your gift cert. gear and you are happy with it, it can't hurt to see how this plays out. Epi might come through to 357 Customs just to save face!
      Actually, Ive been following the slickdeals thread. Lots of posts have been deleted over there and stuff. But the guy who spoke to Pres. Dan said that Dan admitted to him that all the guitars were not all ordered until now and that the defective pickup story was BS that Chad just made up. He claims to have it on tape as well as the conversation with Chad where he blames it on the bad pickups. Also the MP4 players were never ordered until the other day according to Pres. Dan. This explains why Epi had no big order with 357 and only a smaller one, possibly only the few that were sent out? Supposedly Pres. Dan had no idea that Chad was setting these deadlines or telling these stories. Whatever. So, basically they are admitting that they had the money from the promotions for months without ordering the mp4 players or the bulk of the guitars. But they are sorry and all is ordered now. So, thats the story from over at slickdeals. I have nothing to do with them but I figured I would save some of you from wading through 300 pages of crap just to find that out. I hope I get my guitars before 2007.

Comment

• Well fucking shit. So its going to take another 6 months to get everything. What a bunch of shit.

Comment

• Well, I'm hanging in here for whatever it ends up being worth. I got my die cast, so maybe I'll get a guitar out of the deal too. If not...oh well, I'm out an additional 30 bucks. I've lost more on less.
          Last edited by guitarsjb; 05-04-2006, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor
            I personally think you're wrong in doing the chargeback at the same time as contacting 357 to cancel the order.
            It isn't a moral issue, “wrong” doesn’t have a damn thing to do with it. It is two different means to arrive at the same proper outcome: receiving money paid for item(s) that have not been delivered pursuant to the terms of the sale.

In my case, 357 credited my card quickly, so the correspondence that I later received from the credit card company accurately stated, "because the merchant has refunded the charge, we're closing our investigation..."

I asked 357 to cancel my order and credit my card because I want them to do what they should. But I contacted the credit card company to dispute the charge because I no longer trust 357 to do the right thing any further than I can throw them.

I never suggested in any way that anyone could or should misrepresent anything to their credit card company, I only pointed out that it is possible to initiate both procedures - the merchant request for credit AND the card's dispute process - at the same time.
            Last edited by Shotgun; 05-04-2006, 10:45 PM.
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

• Even Johnnie Cochran has something to say on the matter!

Just a guitar player...

Comment

• Isn't he dead?
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• It isn't a moral issue, “wrong” doesn’t have a damn thing to do with it. It is two different means to arrive at the same proper outcome: receiving money paid for item(s) that have not been delivered pursuant to the terms of the sale.
                  I tried to make my previous post as non-personal as possible. I was not trying to say that you were wrong to do a charge back on a moral level.

I was just trying to point out that when someone does a charge back they should follow the credit card companies rules to ensure they win the dispute.

I personally think you're wrong in doing the chargeback at the same time as contacting 357 to cancel the order.
                  I bet I retyped my post for thirty minutes trying to get it to come across as impersonal as possible.

Again, I wasn't trying to come across as busting your balls about what you had done. That was not my intent. If I had been busting your balls, it would have been obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by zeegler
                    Isn't he dead?
                    Yup.

Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbuff
                      Actually, Ive been following the slickdeals thread. Lots of posts have been deleted over there and stuff. But the guy who spoke to Pres. Dan said that Dan admitted to him that all the guitars were not all ordered until now and that the defective pickup story was BS that Chad just made up. He claims to have it on tape as well as the conversation with Chad where he blames it on the bad pickups. Also the MP4 players were never ordered until the other day according to Pres. Dan. This explains why Epi had no big order with 357 and only a smaller one, possibly only the few that were sent out? Supposedly Pres. Dan had no idea that Chad was setting these deadlines or telling these stories. Whatever. So, basically they are admitting that they had the money from the promotions for months without ordering the mp4 players or the bulk of the guitars. But they are sorry and all is ordered now. So, thats the story from over at slickdeals. I have nothing to do with them but I figured I would save some of you from wading through 300 pages of crap just to find that out. I hope I get my guitars before 2007.
                      Honestly, I don't buy it. I think they're just buying more time. The funny thing is that "Pres. Dan" told that slickdeals member that Chad was lying and was giving updates/deadlines without 357's consent or knowledge. He said Chad would no longer be the spokesman for 357 and would have nothing to do with the deal because of this. Yet a day later Chad is on the BLS boards talking it up again.

Comment

• I'm still glad I didn't get in on this "deal". I don't need this kind of frustration.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• Originally posted by sworn_enemy
                          Honestly, I don't buy it. I think they're just buying more time. The funny thing is that "Pres. Dan" told that slickdeals member that Chad was lying and was giving updates/deadlines without 357's consent or knowledge. He said Chad would no longer be the spokesman for 357 and would have nothing to do with the deal because of this. Yet a day later Chad is on the BLS boards talking it up again.
                          This has been clarified. Chad will no longer be posting at Slickdeals about 357. He is still the "official" 357 go-between on the BLS forum.

Comment

• I knew something like this was coming from the start. There's absolutely no way any company can offer what they did and make it run smoothly. I guess they've learned that now. If I were to offer a promotion like this one I'd at least have the common sense to offer it in a limited quantity. If they would have offered say, 100 guitars, then they would probably have 100 happy customers by now. I see a lot of refunds being issued in the near future, and I'll bet the refunds will outnumber the amount of guitars actually shipped in the end. The problem is, they've had your money for a few months now......do you suppose they'll pay you any interest? I guarantee you that if 5000 people would loan me $130.00 for 6 months interest free, I could make some serious money. Just some food for thought.
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

• why would this info be posted on slick deals? I would think it should be posted on zakks forum?

This doesn't sound right.

They could be making some serious interest.. that way they can break even.. The delays are just a setup to get to their means...

5000 * 132 dollars is $650000 but thats a max, even if it was lower it would still be some serious cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelMadeja
                                why would this info be posted on slick deals? I would think it should be posted on zakks forum?
                                Because Chad would just delete it :ROTF: That's what seems to happen when anyone says something sensible and or negative towards anything they are involved with

Comment

Working...
                                X