357 is at it again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 357 is at it again!!!

OK, I will get one then!! Which one of the $158 MP4 players should I get? It will be my first one. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

What doesn’t make sense to me is that a promotion like this can ultimately devalue the ZW Epi's. Gibson has a strict branding standard. Gibson/Epi have spent many years building up and maintaining a certain "perceived product value". Even with Epi being the so called lower end Gibson, it is not anything like the business model they have followed over the past few decades to do something like this. Or, to let another company do it.
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Having been on the shortend in business just know a lot of people smile while stabbing you in the back. Desperate things makes companies do strange things too. Who knows how this shakes out hopefully I am way way way wrong.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          What doesn’t make sense to me is that a promotion like this can ultimately devalue the ZW Epi's. Gibson has a strict branding standard. Gibson/Epi have spent many years building up and maintaining a certain "perceived product value". Even with Epi being the so called lower end Gibson, it is not anything like the business model they have followed over the past few decades to do something like this. Or, to let another company do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Gibson doesn't allow their dealers to sell under distributor cost.

Comment

I had the whole order filled out on the site and decided to bail. As was mentioned it doesn't appear to be secure when you enter your CC info and I just don't feel like dealing with it if something goes wrong. If I really liked the guitar I might take a chance but I'm not that into it.

Hope it works out for everyone though, it's a great deal.

Comment

Is there anything on the Gibson/ Epi site about this? Or, does anyone know an Epiphone rep that could shed some light on this??
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

It should be manditory for a site to be secure when you sell anything. Jack.

Comment

I ordered one!! I had the Lock sign and it said Secured when I ordered. It comes up when you come to the Payment part of the ordering I believe. I bought the $179.99 one with the 1.5 screen and built in speaker and FM. I thought it was worth $21 more for those features. Hell, I don`t even know what an MP4 is!! I hope it is for downloading music? I don`t nead videos. If it is for videos, I will probably try to sell it after I get the guitar. Jack.

Comment

I'm on it.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Go get 'er cowboy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I got the cheap player...I don't listen to the radio, so no worries.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I too am typically skeptical of these things, but there are many good signs that we will get the guitars. I have taken part in both deals, the risk isn't huge really. I would be pissed if it falls through, but it isn't the end of the world.

The Epiphone add offering a free diecast chopper if you buy a les paul is a good indicator that they are working together on this at some level. The totally variable cost of these guitars is probably less than $100 and the cost of buying advertising is very high. They are giving limited numbers of guitars away so they are not over exposing themselves. So essentially they are targeting their marketing to a specific and related demographic while using the guitars to pay for it. Possibly the ZW models don't sell well and they worked a deal to blow out the inventory. I can think of a few other scenarios that are also plausible.

Time will tell...Since I went in for 2 deals I hope that I am right and not out $220! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

im pretty sure that these hideous buzzsaw epi's dont sell for shit, and that they made too many of them and are trying to get rid of most of them.

Comment

Soooooo.....a company that's only been in business for three years, they build bikes, they sell die cast models, they sell apparel, AND they sell cheap no-name MP4 players??? I hope you guys get what you think you're getting, but I aint buying this shit at all. When everyone gets their guitars maybe I'll join John for a crow sandwich luncheon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Count me in for a helping of crow in March.

I wish you all luck, but my BS meter won't let me believe this.
                                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                                X