• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 357 is at it again!!!

there ain't shit on there.

It says

357 Customs
    Certificate of redemption for epiphone (insert style) zakk wylde signitire model guitar courtesey of 357 customs.

This certies that (insert your name) is entitled to one epiphone (insert guitar style) for the purchase of a 100 dollar gift cert. and a zakk wylde (insert bike style) diecast collectable chopper.

Serial number on the bottom left and Daniel Baugess, 357 chopper on the right.

No fine print anywhere.

Comment

I've got the sandwiches in the hopper for you all nay sayers out there.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I was in on the first bid for one Bullseye, and thats it. If this is true, then great! But theres always a chance that this is a scam, so Im not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth... one is good enough for me!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

If this is real, and I really hope it is, I wish I would have been in on the first deal!! If they do it again and this is real, I will get another one. Does anyone own one of these guitars and are they good? I know they aren`t Korean anymore, are they the same now that they are made in China? Just thinking out loud [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Are you even sure they are made in China? The camo and buzzsaw just came out last year, right?
            They couldn't move production within a year could they?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Where the hell have you been? This scam is hardly large, compared to some shit that's been out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
              This scam is large because you have 3 parties involved in this. Not large compared to some scams but certainly large enough that authorities would be all over this. Think about it. No way a smaller company like 357 could pull of a scam of this size and get away with it. I hope you all like the Methane Mayo that comes with those Crow Burgers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would have gotten in on the Bullseye or Camo but not the Sawblade, I hate the graphic and the colors. Shame because thats a heck of a deal and plus I could always use a new music player, I am still a cdplayer kinda guy.

Comment

About a year ago easily, I stopped in a music store and the EPI LP Standards and Classics were Made In China. Wow, I see the Buzzsaw has Grovers also, cool!! Jack.

Comment

I did not participate in this. I also didn't call it a scam, so I'll be passing on the crow with methane mayo. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If this is true, I say good for all you guys that did.

I will also be waiting for all the cheap ZW Epi's to show up in the classifieds or ebay and then pick one up for a beater. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I hope it turns out to be a decent guitar. If it is made in Korea, it should be at least average and for the price.......... That would be allright!! Jack.

Comment

Hey, for the $135 I paid, I'll take it even if it's from Korea. I still haven't figured out how to use the gift certificate yet. Maybe I can use it to get the MP3 player to get the buzzsaw! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I never thought I'd research Epiphones but here's an interview with Epiphone's President and in it they discuss the China factory:

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=83

It's odd, (or, maybe not and I just don't know) he says that the Samick Korea factory was shut down a "few years ago" and this interview is dated 3/1/2004. Is that correct? I thought they were still cranking stuff out for different companies. (granted, I guess I truly don't know) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Also, I get the impression that none of the Epiphone models are made in Korea and haven't been for awhile. That can't be correct, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe they're being made by Agile?

And even though I'm in for both promotions (still no die cast from the first one, and no response about how to pay for the MP4 player using my certificate via mail), I still say that large amounts of bad publicity is STILL considered getting their name out there, which is what they wanted as stated for the reason of the first promotion - to get their name out there.

Whether they end up on CNN for donating billions to the Red Cross or for scamming a thousand customers, their name gets mentioned repeatedly on national tv, newspapers, and the internet.

So, the thing to do if it IS a scam is to KEEP QUIET about it. If you steal away their opportunity to get their name out there, they will lose more money than you (we) did by not getting the "free advertising" they'd surely get otherwise.

And just for future reference, there's *always* a way to get your money back, whether through legal or non-legal means.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Maybe they're being made by Agile?

And even though I'm in for both promotions (still no die cast from the first one, and no response about how to pay for the MP4 player using my certificate via mail), I still say that large amounts of bad publicity is STILL considered getting their name out there, which is what they wanted as stated for the reason of the first promotion - to get their name out there.

Whether they end up on CNN for donating billions to the Red Cross or for scamming a thousand customers, their name gets mentioned repeatedly on national tv, newspapers, and the internet.

So, the thing to do if it IS a scam is to KEEP QUIET about it. If you steal away their opportunity to get their name out there, they will lose more money than you (we) did by not getting the "free advertising" they'd surely get otherwise.

And just for future reference, there's *always* a way to get your money back, whether through legal or non-legal means.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this response to my query about paying with the gift certificates.

<Hello from 357 Customs!

To address your inquiry, What you need to do is print off the order, mail in your order to 357 Customs. If the balance is below the amount then you are ok. If the total amount is above the new balance on the mp4/Sawblade die-cast promotion, then you will need to mail in the balance to confirm your order #xxxx.

Thank You for ordering from www.357customs.com!>

I think I know what thay are talking about. Im using 2 certificates so I get the mp4 and the 3rd guitar for free! Yipeeee!

Comment

Man, I really wish I jumped on the first offer and the other 2 graphics!! Good luck to all of us [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

OK guys, looked like the offer is over. Good luck to us guys who got in. I heard on another forum, the offer was limited to 150 peices. Something isn`t adding up. I know one thing, if I don`t get the guitar, I will make 357`s life a living hell. I believe in honesty and keeping your word. when you guys got your confirmations in your email, did you see where it sais for athe guitar also? Mine just said MP4 player and Diecast, nothing about the guitar. I would be lying if I said I wasn`t a little worried. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X