357 is at it again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lerxstcat
    If they get anything, I'm guessing it'll be a LP Special II with the Zakk paintjobs; $149 plywood guitars. That would be "the same guitars sold in stores", wouldn't it?
    Now that would SUCK !

But haven't they talked about a $800 MSRP? So that's the Epi LP.....
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• People already recieved a EPI Zakk Wylde signiture guitar. Its the $800 dollar one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelMadeja
        People already recieved a EPI Zakk Wylde signiture guitar. Its the $800 dollar one.
        Yes, but I believe only 9 people got them. That leaves only about 3,991 people still waiting. Just sayin' is all.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Did any of the 9 put 'em on eBay yet?

Now would be a great time to do so!

Comment

• Well, I guess neither Zack nor Chad care about bad press because they are both getting a ton of it. It seems this genius marketing plan really backfired. There is nothing worse than pissing off thousands of new customers and having your name and your company name trashed on every online message board. Epi is looking bad too. This is a total FUBAR.

Comment

• Yeah, even if everybody gets their guitars in the end, the PR damage is done. They were way too optimistic in their delivery dates, and probably thought ERpi would do this on credit so they could keep spinning Ponzi schemes to pay for the last ones. "Oh, 9 people got their Zakk LPs, guess I can get the laptop and get in on it."

So IF they can afford the huge loss, since it is probably NOT selling bikes for them, it will still backfire. People will figure if they couldn't live up to a promo with models and guitars, how are they gonna produce the bikes on a timely basis? They'll do the same thing, take the money with one delivery date, then stall them.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• "But BROTHERRRR we have to stick together as the true Society! Leave Chad alone, he'll come through!" Hee hee hee

That place sounds like a frickin cult...

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat
                  Yeah, even if everybody gets their guitars in the end, the PR damage is done. They were way too optimistic in their delivery dates, and probably thought ERpi would do this on credit so they could keep spinning Ponzi schemes to pay for the last ones. "Oh, 9 people got their Zakk LPs, guess I can get the laptop and get in on it."

So IF they can afford the huge loss, since it is probably NOT selling bikes for them, it will still backfire. People will figure if they couldn't live up to a promo with models and guitars, how are they gonna produce the bikes on a timely basis? They'll do the same thing, take the money with one delivery date, then stall them.
                  They don't take orders for bikes, they only build em for celebrities. Seriously, I asked just to be nice over there and that's coming directly from Chad. So technically all they sell is junk and merch

Comment

• Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                    They don't take orders for bikes, they only build em for celebrities. Seriously, I asked just to be nice over there and that's coming directly from Chad. So technically all they sell is junk and merch
                    So if they're not looking to build bikes for the general public, what possible purpose do the "promos" serve? You think Billy Idol gives a fuck that they gave Zakk Epis away? You think Zakk even has the money to buy one of their customs? He probably got his, if he has one, for letting them use his name. So what is the promo thing about, just a Ponzi scheme? Real fishy...
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• It's all about the merchandising, merchandising. That's where the money is. Haven't you seen Space Balls?
                      Seriously, that's straight from Chad. The promos were done to get the 357store's name out there, not the bike building business. They just recently got Kasey Kahne and Carl Edwards (NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers) signed on.
                      Wow, I just kinda wrote a positive post for 357, go me...

Comment

• And you changed your avatar back.... Is there something you're not telling us there B?
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

• For what it's worth, my three die-casts did arrive today. I did have to send a courteous e-mail them, and ask why they hadn't been shipped. It's my opinion that some die-cast orders haven't been filled because they were "misplaced" during their move to Tennessee.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuntinDoug
                            And you changed your avatar back.... Is there something you're not telling us there B?
                            Yeah, I changed my avatar back after I talked with Charlotte via email a few times. I originally wrote her to cancel my order, but after a few exchanges with her, I opted to stay in. Heck, I've gotten $190 worth of entertainment out of this deal so far. While I do believe that these deals are FUBAR'd (Thanks JG for that term, it fits nicely), I really think that we will all receive our guitars and various other items, mp4's, etc. It may be in a few weeks, maybe months, but we'll get them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTB007
                              It's all about the merchandising, merchandising. That's where the money is. Haven't you seen Space Balls?
                              Seriously, that's straight from Chad. The promos were done to get the 357store's name out there, not the bike building business. They just recently got Kasey Kahne and Carl Edwards (NASCAR Nextel Cup drivers) signed on.
                              Wow, I just kinda wrote a positive post for 357, go me...
                              Thats funny because when he was posting on the slickdeals forum he was claiming that the promos were done strictly to do something nice for the BLS community and they were never intended to reach out to as many people as they did. But, as we've seen,stories get changed to suit the situation all the time. At least the present story of waiting on guitars from epiphone seems reasonable and is what they should have just said from the get go. I cant wait to get mine. Oh, and Tim mcgraw loves his chopper so much that hes auctioning it off for charity on ebay. I hope it doesnt end up with a non-celeb. I wonder if they do this as a tax write off or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable
                                Well, I guess neither Zack nor Chad care about bad press because they are both getting a ton of it. It seems this genius marketing plan really backfired. There is nothing worse than pissing off thousands of new customers and having your name and your company name trashed on every online message board. Epi is looking bad too. This is a total FUBAR.
                                I'm with John. It's not like it's a scam. It's more like things went waaaaaay out control for whatever reason.

I imagine that this isn't the kind of press they were looking for.

I wonder why, where it all went wrong. Maybe Epi gave them a delivery date that they couldn't keep (I kinda doubt that) or maybe someone at 357 screwed up. I wonder who's idea this was. I bet they aren't getting much sleep these days. I wouldn't want Zakk pissed at me. That dude throws Les Pauls at the crowd!
                                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X